On platinum pass, can multiple guest tickets be used on the same day?

kathy884

DIS Veteran
Just checking to see if my math is correct here. We are going down to Orlando just one time. We have two people going to both SeaWorld and Busch Gardens (me and my dad). We have two extras coming to SeaWorld for the day (my son and his boyfriend) and we have one person coming to Busch Gardens with us for the day (my cousin who lives in Tampa). I'm paying for everyone too.

The Platinum Pass that covers all the parks is $372 and gives me six guest tickets. So can I use that for SeaWorld for our one day and use the three guest tickets there and then use it for Busch Gardens and use two guest tickets there? So my one platinum pass gets me free parking at both places, and everyone in to both parks? Sounds too good to be true?? And I'm assuming guest passes can be used on any day (no blackout days??)

Individual purchases when I do the math would be $526 (some discounted tickets because we'd buy in advance)
$25 - parking SeaWorld
$120 -- SeaWorld / Busch Gardens combo ticket for me
$120 - SeaWorld / Busch Gardens combo ticket for my dad
$83 - one day SeaWorld ticket DS
$83 - one day SeaWorld ticket DS's boyfriend
$25 - parking at Busch Gardens
$70 - one day Busch Gardens ticket for my cousin

Would my doing this be complicating my life too much to save $154?? ($526 is what I would have spent on individual things no pass less $372 my platinum pass that I will only use twice but comes with six guest tickets (The five passes that I would use are the main part of the savings). I'll get some discounts on food purchased at the parks too I see, but I consider that more nominal. Can I get my pass activated online and all my guest passes all set to go online for my two days (one SeaWorld and one Busch Gardens?

Am I understanding this correctly?

Another question too: Do they allow the same person to be a guest twice? That would be my dad - one guest ticket for him at SeaWorld and another guest ticket for him at Busch Gardens.

Also, I don't want auto renewal. Hope that is an option. SeaWorld and Orlando are wonderful, but I'm not going to be going two years in a row. -- Will do one time payment?

Last edited:
There are date ranges to use guest tickets (see the passholder site) so you will only get two tickets in each of three specific date ranges (six total for the year). They don’t care if you use a guest ticket for the same person. The in park discounts are nice, but as you said not the big money saver. Right now you’d need to have all tickets/pass numbers in order to reserve park days for your group, meaning you’d need to have the tickets “purchased” (the free friend tickets will ring up as 0$) before you can reserve.

Makmak, That makes a lot more sense. Thanks for clarifying and explaining that to me. The season passes look like really great deals, but in our case with only visiting SeaWorld once for four people and Busch Gardens once for three people (not living in the area and no plans despite how great Orlando is to do a second trip within the year) it totally makes sense to just buy the normal tickets.

I have never heard of SWO having time frames for the guest passes (and I don't see anything on the website that states that)

I think those dates are for another park like Busch Gardens Williamsburg. For the Florida parks, you can use as many tickets as you want in the same day.

Just to clarify a bit here.... I am a Busch Gardens Williamsburg Platinum Pass holder, and my 6 free tickets do follow the above date range/limit of 2 per date range.

I am traveling with 8 people to Orlando in October. Two of us are Platinum Pass Holders at BG (Williamsburg) - and the only perk we get at any other park is Free Admission (no discounts, parking, etc).

Basically, I need 6 tickets to Sea World when we go (2 of us can use our existing BG-W passes for admission, but no additonal discounts), and 6 tickets to Busch Gardens Tampa.

My question is:
If I purchase an AP at Sea World Orlando.. can one Platinum Passholder redeem 5 free passes for a single day? If I'm reading @Yoshi's response correctly above, the answer is YES.

What about Busch Gardens - Tampa? I can't find anything on their site with the "staggered use" of free guest tickets (like I have at BG-W) - could I buy 1 platinum pass for BG-Tampa and again, use all 5 guest passes in a single day?

Just to clarify a bit here.... I am a Busch Gardens Williamsburg Platinum Pass holder, and my 6 free tickets do follow the above date range/limit of 2 per date range.

I am traveling with 8 people to Orlando in October. Two of us are Platinum Pass Holders at BG (Williamsburg) - and the only perk we get at any other park is Free Admission (no discounts, parking, etc).

Basically, I need 6 tickets to Sea World when we go (2 of us can use our existing BG-W passes for admission, but no additonal discounts), and 6 tickets to Busch Gardens Tampa.

My question is:
If I purchase an AP at Sea World Orlando.. can one Platinum Passholder redeem 5 free passes for a single day? If I'm reading @Yoshi's response correctly above, the answer is YES.

What about Busch Gardens - Tampa? I can't find anything on their site with the "staggered use" of free guest tickets (like I have at BG-W) - could I buy 1 platinum pass for BG-Tampa and again, use all 5 guest passes in a single day?

I'm almost in the same boat. From the BGW area, all of us have season passes and will be in Orlando late August. I am going to be buying one pass for Seaworld for $372 and using 5 guest passes all on the same day. The free parking and other discounts for merch and experiences thrown in, and the pass more than pays for itself.

My question is:

I also am travelling with 6 other people it says on the FAQ anyone buying annual pass after a certain date I.e all of us can only redeem 2 free tickets in the period may to September they also list different Benefits for each month and for August one of the benefits is discounted tickets for family and friends does anyone know if there is a limit on how many tickets a pass holder can buy and what is normal discount rate

Not sure about the discounts...their website just says "Pass Members will receive promotional discounted guest tickets at certain times of the year, so be sure to sign up for emails to receive the latest Pass Member offers." I got a Platinum Pass starting last summer and the Seaworld Orlando passes do now have specific guest ticket redemption windows similar to listed above:
  • 2 tickets valid May 16 - Sept 30
  • 2 tickets valid Oct 1 - Jan 2
  • 2 tickets valid Jan 3 - May 15
There were a couple of months where they gave a bonus guest ticket...if I recall, September and January, so if you go in one of those months you could potentially get 3 in one day.

With my pass, I was still able to get free preferred parking and food discounts at Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Since we went to 3 different parks, we definitely got our money's worth out of my pass, but it would have been nice to not have the free ticket restrictions. I think my January through May guest tickets are going to go to waste.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter