ON-LINE TICKET PRICE INCREASE OVERNIGHT?

flowerfairy

Dreams of being a CM someday!!
My entire family are leaving in a week for a Universal Orlando Thanksgiving. Since my DH and I are annual passholders, we were planning to buy tickets for the rest of the family at the gate with the 15% discount. When I went to check my dollar amounts this morning, I see that a 4-day ticket has increased from $239.99 to $264.99 overnight! I quickly checked Undercover Tourist to buy the 2 day plus 1 free, and they are gone as well. I guess this is what you get for procrastination!

Anyone have a suggestion for any other legitimate options for a discounted ticket out there. We are looking for the least expense 4-day Park-to-Park ticket. If we can still find a good deal, we may want to upgrade the tickets to AP

If members, did you try AAA?

Never fun to get caught unawares of the ticket price increase. Surprised to see they disappeared from UT, usually sell those they have on hand for both U & WDW before incorporating the new price.

Did u Google all the other ticket brokers to check? Mapleleaf is one that comes to mind.

Just make sure whatever tix you buy 'are' upgradeable to APs, not all are.

I just saw on the Orlando news that they started selling volcano bay tickets today, I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Hardly seems fair since it is not open yet though.

Darn it, I was holding out for the AP rates never relied they were upgradable. Not happy.

Ugh, experiencing the same. Let me know if anyone finds anything. Did AP prices increase?

AAA prices have increased already - no discounts on one day tix. Since tickets are printable and had an expiration date on them, most places don't buy in bulk anymore. With printable tickets it's easy to update pricing nationally now.

Same thing happened to me. Looked at tickets yesterday, went to buy today and UGHHHHH! I'm hoping the UT tickets will still be upgradable to season pass.

Darn! I bought our WDW passes yesterday in anticipation of of an increase before our spring trip but hesitated on the Universal due to spending so much already in one day.

I might as well wait now to see what pops up for Universal but I went ahead and bought my Seasonal Pass today!

Last edited:
I did find 3 day Park to Park tickets at Maple Leaf Tickets for $232.95 each (compared to $254.99 online at Universal) so I went ahead and bought them today with my Disney Visa.

Boy is our budget taking a huge hit this month but now all our park tickets are bought!
At least we'll have some Disney rewards for our trip.

Last edited:
FYI - 2 day Park to Park tickets at Maple Leaf are showing as $221.95.

Ugh, experiencing the same. Let me know if anyone finds anything. Did AP prices increase?

Maple Leaf Tickets is showing 2 day Park to Park at $221.95 and 3 day Park to Park at $232.95 and Seasonal Passes at least are still the same as of now.

Ugh, just logged on to buy four, 4 day tickets at Universal. Was an extra hundred dollars today. I guess I'm jumping on to Disney's website before the same thing happens.

Some of the vendors might sell what they have left so it is possible some discounts for those buying now

Worth a shot to save money
Try UT and M leaf

I posted in threads last night to tell peeps to buy now and not wait until Tuesday

It seems like when one theme park raises prices, the others follow...

Wow! Certainly a lot of changes happening at Universal this week. Looking forward to visiting Volcano Bay when it opens!!

Last edited:
Wow! Between the short notice of the closure of Forbidden Journey and now this, Universal is doing terrible with its public relations! I am so glad that I made the changes to my trip due to Forbidden Journey on Sunday, because now the cost of my same vacation package is $53 more. Volcano Bay isn't even open until Spring! Not cool, Universal.
Wow I did NOT know until I read this that forbidden journey is closed from December 1!!!!! We are from Germany, this trip has been planned for months, I am already in Orlando for a conference and we have Cabana Bay after our cruise (so can't change anything around either) - Dec 2 and 3. -.-

I was also told that an upgrades made to "old" tickets to new tickets (like buying a two day last week and upgrading to a 4 day) that it will change the expiration from the old "expires 14 days from first day of use" to the new "expires 7 days from first day of use". I know it's not a huge issue but with international guests staying longer, it's still good to know. :-)

I really need to find what I did with my old 7 day unlimited tickets. Sigh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter