• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? on getting from HRH to IOA & USF

jannibaby

Earning My Ears
I read that there are moving sidewalks in City Walk. Can you use those to get from HRH to IOA or USF? If not, how long is the boat ride and how often does it leave? Can you walk? How long does it take to walk?

If you're at the HRH and are lucky you may never have to see the famous moving sidewalks....

HRH is a 10 minute boatride and a five minute walk to USF. The route out of the gate behind the pool slide to the gates of USF is the quickest route from a hotel to a park anywhere! I took the boat once, just for the experience, but it takes longer to wait for it than it does to walk it.

The moving sidewalks are between CityWalk and the parking garages for the parks.

That was a quick response. How long of a walk is it to IOA from HRH? It looks much farther.

No, the moving sidewalks are from the parking area to the entrance of CityWalk.

HRH has a walkway that was 5-10 minutes depending on your pace. We always opted for the boat just because we spent a lot of time walking in the parks. Who wants to walk back to the hotel too? The boats ran every 15-20 minutes (sometimes closer). They were never crowded & the boat ride was maybe 5 minutes tops to CityWalk. Its a very nice option to have the boat! And most of the captains were really nice. The only drawback is at the HRH the boat is in the very back of the hotel.

We also discovered a much quicker way to get to the parks. Behind HRH's parking lot there is a regular sidewalk (not the HRH walkway) that leads right to US's entrance. Much faster than either the regular walkway (its scenic!) or the boat. Wish we had discovered it sooner! If you go, ask someone who works at HRH.
:bounce:

Robin 5 minutes to USF. It should only take about 3 minutes to USF and 5 minutes to IOA. There are no moving sidewalks to there yuo will need to hoof it the parks.

That short walk behind the parking lot outside the pool gate is the one most people refer to. It's about three minutes to US and maybe another three minutes to IOA.

I'm not familiar with the gate by the slide. Is it the same one by the bar/resturant? By the way, I can't wait to pull up a bar stool and have a nice frosty!!:smooth:

Dreamer,
Yes, that gate is the one you fine after you pass the Beach Bar and go right. If you make a left on that path you go to the slide. The first time we walked back from the parks, we missed the cut off for that path and took the scenic route. It's a lot shorter to cut across the parking lot to the back gate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter