? on Disney transportation to port

jfeasel

Mouseketeer
Help! Delta has changed our flight schedule so we're arriving at 12:05 p.m on the day of our cruise instead of 9:55 a.m. Does anyone know what the schedule is for Disney's transportation from the airport to the pier? Will we miss lunch on the ship? Has anyone else arrived at the airport this late to board the cruise ship?

We're not interested in eating at Palo's so that's not a problem but we did want to make some spa ressies. Do spa ressies fill up on that first day of depature?

We're sailing on the June 14 eastern. We can't fly in the night before because it's the last day of school for my mom who is a teacher and she can't get out early. We're taking Disney transportation because there are 10 of us and that was the cheapest way to go.

I am not sure about the transportation, but as for the spa.... Don't get discouraged if you can't get the treatments you want. Call each day in the morning because they always get cancellations. We booked two massage appointments when we arrived, but then my husband and I got a couple other treatments by just calling each morning. So many people run on board and book everything without even planning things out, and then they end up cancelling. So, don't worry, you will most likely get what you want or close to it.

HI,

I had this happen to me also. (Read a word of caution, further up on the board.I don't want to take credit for info that isnt mine) I called and cancelled the reservation, with out a penalty-thanks to info on that thread. I rebooked with a different airline.

good luck

this shouldn't be a problem. our neighbors took disney-booked flights last year and didn't get in till about 1--they have buses going from the airport until around 3, I think. Since you booked thru disney and there are 10 of you, they should be looking for you. You may even be on the same bus with our neighbors this year, since they said they weren't getting in to Orlando until around 12 on continental.

I also think the buffet on 9 stays open until around 3 so you can get some lunch when you come on board. the advantage of getting in later is that your room is usually ready and you can go right to it.

the only spa problem you could have are the cabana massages on castaway, since they book up fairly quickly. I agree that you should keep checking for cancellations to see if you can get what you want. I'd also go up as soon as I got settled in to see what's available. You never know!

FYI...we are a party of 11 and DCL transfers were the MOST EXPENSIVE of all our options....

We decided on a van service from MCO to the Port on the day of sailing 5/17/03 through Yourride.net and they said we would need a trailer for all the luggage. We also are getting a grocery stop for $15 (it would be comp. but we are not taking R/T van service, only one-way) Total one way for 11 people is $125 plus tip. DCL transfers at $25 PP for a one-way which comes to $275. So as you can see we are saving quite a bit of money.

We are renting a 15 passenger van for when we disembark because our flight is not until 7:30 pm. The rental van is only $79 for the day.

We also have to fly in the day of the cruise due to my DD still being in school. She is missing a week already and I did not want her to miss another day, as we are cutting it close as it is.

You may want to check into dropping your DCL transfers one way and reserving a van service.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter