on board internet?

adznyfan

Earning My Ears
hi

how do i go about signing up for internet while onboard and is it available in your room?

i realize from all the posts it's sloooooooow but gotta check emails

thanks for any help!

The ship's crew often uses the Internet in port, so you could ask them where the closest hot spot is. It's generally cheaper and faster than using the ship's WiFi.

What cruise?
Eastern--
St Thomas--walk toward the cable car ride entrance. Just before the ticket booth is an Asian restaurant. Wifi is $3 for all day, less if you buy a meal. LOTS of CMs there. There is wifi in a bar in Havensight mall, but we didn't like the way it looked--no one around--so we went to the place the CMs suggested

St Maarten--McDonalds, free

Western
Cozumel--Starbucks at the port, free
Grand Cayman--haven't used it there for years, so I'll defer to someone with more current info.

Key West--lots of places, $5 for one hour We found a couple just by googling it.

Wow, I wish I had known about this thread earlier. That's a great wifi list.

The St. Thomas bar was "Big Kahuna" and they let us sit there for as long as we wanted nursing a virgin daiquiri while surfing the net. The waitresses were actually nice and will provide the password. Their local internet cafe "Beans and Bytes" apparently just closed down.

Supposedly, the bar "Tahula" in St. Maarten just off the water taxi dock will give you their wifi password if you rent their umbrella and 2 beach chairs by the beach. Going rate was $10 for rental. I could never get the wifi to work there but we had a good time on the beach anyway.

Finally, at leas on the Fantasy, there was no wifi "internet cafe" station to use a computer. You just logged into the DSL Guest wifi and sign up for usage rates: $0.75/min or $55 for 100min or $100 for 250min.

As an added bonus, St. Thomas in the Virgin Islands was considered apart of my local Sprint cellular network so we also had cellular use there. Useful, if you can tether with a smartphone.

Finally, at leas on the Fantasy, there was no wifi "internet cafe" station to use a computer. You just logged into the DSL Guest wifi and sign up for usage rates: $0.75/min or $55 for 100min or $100 for 250min.

No computers to use while on the Fantasy?? I too need to email as my husband isn't cruising with us.

No computers to use while on the Fantasy?? I too need to email as my husband isn't cruising with us.

Guest services on the Fantasy gave me a laptop to take up to the Cove to print out my boarding passes... I had to pay for the wifi usage, but the laptop loan was free... It was already programmed to recognize the printer there, so it was easy! I was also not given a return time, it was mine as long as I wanted it!

We just got off the Fantasy and I have to tell you, the internet was pretty quick. I was prepared since I have used it on 4 previous cruises and I swear I could have gone to breakfast and come back and it would still be waiting to change screens. But it was SO much better this time around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter