on arrival day would you rather...

DisneyFirstTimer10

DIS Veteran
We (me, DH, DS 5, DD 2) are arriving at MCO around 11am after a 2 hr flight in early February to start off our 10 day vacation and taking the magical express to Pop for check in. The plan is to relax at the resort a bit, grab a quick CS lunch and then head to a park for a while. We are deciding on which park to visit on our first night- We don't really plan to ride anything that day- just soak in our surroundings, have dinner- then head back to Pop for an early night

so, would you

1) Head to AK for EMH (close at 8pm)- try to catch the 6pm LK show, then eat at flame tree- and head back to POP

OR

2) Head to EP- nice TS dinner, walk around WS a while- maybe meet a few characters, then head back to POP

We (me, DH, DS 5, DD 2) are arriving at MCO around 11am after a 2 hr flight in early February to start off our 10 day vacation and taking the magical express to Pop for check in. The plan is to relax at the resort a bit, grab a quick CS lunch and then head to a park for a while. We are deciding on which park to visit on our first night- We don't really plan to ride anything that day- just soak in our surroundings, have dinner- then head back to Pop for an early night

so, would you

1) Head to AK for EMH (close at 8pm)- try to catch the 6pm LK show, then eat at flame tree- and head back to POP

OR

2) Head to EP- nice TS dinner, walk around WS a while- maybe meet a few characters, then head back to POP

I would choose #2 and possibly add a trip around the loops on the monorail. Its a nice preview of what you will be enjoying the rest of your trip.

I probably go to the WS for dinner too, but the characters go in pretty early in the WS. I can't remember the exact meet and greet times, but I'm guessing most of the characters will be done by 6 pm.

Maybe someone else knows for sure...

This might just be my family, but the first thing my kids want to do anywhere we go if we arrive early evening is go swimming (use the swimming pool and hot tub), and we almost always accomodate them if we can.

I just wanted to throw it out there that by the time you land around 11, wait for the magical express to your resort, get to the resort, check in, eat lunch and get the bus to a park.. you may be arriving at the park around 5pm as it is. Just something to think about as to not be disappointed in the whole process. Last time we arrived around 10:30 am, got to the resort and ate and checked in, then headed to MK immediately after dropping bags in our room and we got to MK around 3:30.

FWIW, tomorrow we land at MCO at 10:30 as well, we are planning on taking sandwiches with us to eat around 9:30 on the plane and then having an early dinner around 3:30-4pm then heading back to the hotel for the night around 7 or 8.

And with that, I think I should get some sleep. We leave for the airport in less than 4 hours :surfweb:

6 hours from landing to arriving at a park? I think you may be exaggerating just a tad! :lmao:

No doubt #2. I wouldn't completely rule out doing a few attractions, though. If the lines are short, why not. There's the build your own roller coaster at "Interventions". I know you have 10 days and you don't want to do it all the first day there, but you've got to at least kick off the trip with something.

pool idea- We thought about that last time but DS isn't really a pool kid- not to mention in early February we can't count on swim weather.

Last trip (our first, this past May) we planned on laying low and hanging out at the resort after our flight for the first night and? Never happened. We were SO excited to be in WDW that we checked in at POR threw our extra bags in our room and immediately went to MK- no regrets at all

We will more than likely be in the parks by 3:30ish- plenty of time to eat, relax, take it all in. We will absolutely jump on an opportunity to ride something if the ines are short- but don't have our hearts set on it :)

Thanks dissers for your opinions!

On my last trip to the world, we went to MK and just walked around on our arrival day. It's so nice to just soak in the atmosphere. As for the options, I'd take number 2 and enjoy world showcase nice and slowly.

Head to MK instead, kids 5 & 2, they'll love it. You can cruise Main St., the Castle, catch a parade maybe, some characters. AK with EMH will be PACKED, and Epcot, sorry, is not much of a place for kiddies that young, IMHO, of course, ;) there's always just chillin at the resort too, POP is pretty cool to walk around and check things out. :thumbsup2 Enjoy your trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter