OMG!!! Some people....

Don't. You. Start. :stir: :eek: :duck:

:scratchin Actually, we haven't had a good "Where do you leave your shopping cart?" thread in several years. And we have lots of new DISers now. That thread is usually good for about 30+ pages. :stir: :stir: :stir:

Do you mean where do you let in linger in the store while you browse and shop, or where do you leave it after you have taken it into the parking lot and unloaded your purchases??

Do you mean where do you let in linger in the store while you browse and shop, or where do you leave it after you have taken it into the parking lot and unloaded your purchases??

The second. :duck: We never had a thread discussing the first one. :idea:

A shopping cart thread can get so heated, the American Civil War, where brother fought brother, was less intense. :scared:

. . . And that's one that starts the battle. :duck: :teeth:
4d536d531c4a55ea07d30ff8c85d63704c339068_t.gif

Wait - I don't know the drama about buttered bread. Are there people on the planet who don't think buttered bread is simply amazing? Cause I will go to the mat for that one!

I can't stand butter on my bread. Don't like bread toasted either. :duck:

I was raised that you only take one of something, never even ask for more (only take more if it's offered & it's obvious there's extra for everyone), but also try not to judge others when they appear rude as you may never know the whole story.

Shortly after moving into a new neighborhood several years ago, I had a bday party for my DD. We had way more food than necessary and invited all the neighbors and kids that we saw outside to hang out and eat some food and cake. At one point, I saw a maybe 9ish year old boy sneak in, grab a plate of around 6 hotdogs and run off. A few mins later, I saw him come back and shove several individual size bags of chips sneakily into his jacket while looking around nervously, before running off again. I just laughed, looked over at a neighbor and explained what I saw. She frowned and said the kid is known for occassionally sneaking into parties and stealing food. Apparently, his mom was disabled and didn't work and he had some younger siblings. She said everyone always looks away when he takes food because she doesn't think the family gets enough to eat.

I immediately started boxing up food (the party was pretty much over anyway), and waited, hoping the kid would return. He did and I asked him if he wanted the leftovers so I wouldn't have to throw it out. He looked embarrassed at first when I approached him, then broke into a huge grin once he realized I wasn't going to chastise him and instead was offering him the food. I loaded up a wagon with the leftovers and offered to walk him home. He freaked out and said his mom would be mad at him if she saw him with a stranger, so I told him to return the wagon when he was done and to come back in a couple weeks. Every two weeks after that, I loaded the wagon with food, he'd come by and take it, and my wagon would be returned later.

You never know what's going on in someone else's life.

WHO was he supposed to say that too??? :confused3 I even asked Wendy why she didn't just say to the teen, don't take more than one, in case I misunderstood the situation. She said very clearly several times that while she was noticing what was going on, she wasn't monitoring/policing the fruit. She said she actually felt uncomfortable and possibly seeming mean to tell the boy that. So there was no established interaction, rapport or expectation on either of their parts as to her standing there having anything to do with monitoring how much fruit to take.

So she wasn't a monitor and he may have been greedily picking up fruit for himself and his friends. Was he just supposed to be accountable for the extra oranges by yelling it out into the ether that he was taking 5 mandarin oranges, one for himself, and 4 four his friends, in case someone may be watching and monitoring? :confused3

And after he took 5 small mandarin oranges, there was ONE left that NO ONE took. Did that one become tainted by association? The other kids were too appalled to take the last orange? :eek: Perhaps the teen's hand brushed that orange and it now has cooties? :crazy2: ;) Or they all felt guilty and left the last lone orange for someone else? :(

Maybe, the teen actually helped get rid of 5 oranges that might have also been left there? Maybe in the end, had he not done it, only 2 oranges would have been taken? :scratchin We'll never know. . . :upsidedow ;)

What posts are you reading exactly?

She had just had a conversation with the little boy! And as soon as she told him no, the other kid grabbed 5, she gave the last one to the little boy standing there so she had to be standing right there. You can't tell me a 5 year old can find the person to ask but a teenager can't?

What other kids are you referring to? She mentions TWO kids. The 5 year old and the teen. Doesn't sound like there was time for anyone to get the oranges between little boy asking, rude teen grabbing and pp giving the last one to the little boy.

I would not have cared much if I had been in the PP's shoes. BUT that doesn't mean I wouldn't not have thought he was a rude snot for doing what he did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter