OMG! Minimum of 100 shares now required to join Shareholder's Club or to renew!!!!!

Well this sucks :(
I wasn't quick enough - my card expired in Sept, I could have got in before 1st Oct but missed this until it was too late. I guess I'll be selling my shares, benefitting from Dream AP perks only on my next couple of trips, then going back to feeling like a normal, non-VIP visitor. Really sad, BUT i can understand the move from a business angle.

Trying to be philosophical and not too gutted....

jillrobinson said:
Don't hold your breath I had my email on the 5th September, a couple of weeks before news of the changes and still no card, might email them. :scratchin

Noooooo. Keeping fingers crossed for us all :)

I decided I had better email the club yesterday as it's 7 weeks since my confirmation email and today by reply I got a temporary certificate valid until end of December, so guessing I'm not about to get the card anytime soon !

Has anyone used one of these at the Disney Store, needing to do a bit of Christmas shopping, be nice to be able to get the discount.

I decided I had better email the club yesterday as it's 7 weeks since my confirmation email and today by reply I got a temporary certificate valid until end of December, so guessing I'm not about to get the card anytime soon !

Has anyone used one of these at the Disney Store, needing to do a bit of Christmas shopping, be nice to be able to get the discount.

Me too. I used the temp certificate yesterday in cardiff and got the discount

jillrobinson said:

I did the same and got my temp certificate yesterday.
Good to know that you can use it at Disney Store.

Mine too! I only emailed them yesterday as we are going later this month and I was getting worried. Received and printed out the temporary one sent immediately then the card arrived just now. Thought it was amazingly fast post but obviously a bulk send! :) Hope everyone else gets theirs too. :goodvibes

Edit for Jonjo: Yes, looks exactly the same. I only downloaded my photo yesterday so missed out on that.

Have I missed something?, what did you mean by this?.

Thanks

Iain

I believe that lately people have been asked for photo ID when presenting the shareholders card for purchases etc. Emailing the shareholders' club yesterday I had to log in to my account and checking my profile saw that there was a new requirement to download a photo. I did this but it was too late for the card which arrived today. I think it is a good idea, we have APs with photos on which we carry around but like to leave passports in the room safe. :thumbsup2

no sign of my card yet - rather concerned now - so guess what ill b doing on monday!!! yes, chasing up card *sighs*

Have you had email confirmation of your renewal, Nikki? When I emailed to say that despite getting my confirmation in September I hadn't received my card they emailed a temporary one that day which was valid up to some date in January. You won't lose anything by asking and like mine. your card might be in the post anyway. :goodvibes

Cherrymarzipan you are correct there as when we went in October in both shops and resturants I was asked for some sort of ID. Luckily I had taken my driving licence card with me as I had read somewhere else that they now ask for ID.

I haven't had mine yet Nikki, wondering if they send them out alphabetically, am I right that you're an R too ?
I'm sure we'll get them soon :)

cherry - yes i did get confirmation (panicked but just checked lol)

jill - yes - its possible i spose.... we are both rs so we cud be at bottom of list!!! wish theyd hurry up (i just emailed them lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter