OMG If this is not Commercial Renter I dont know what is

luvindisneyworld

<font color=green>Fireworks then a sundae - good s
I just recieved this email from yahoo groups.

currently have or am an associate on accounts that have 884 points
for rent. I offer a very quick and easy process to get you the
resservation you want.

Full details are available at http://www.dvcRequest.com

Under who's definition. The only indication we've had from DVC was indirect evidence where they said 20 rentals per year was the cut off. The only thing in the POS that would related to volume would be the limit of 2000 per resort and 5000 per member to encourage buying for personal use. It sounds like this is someone who is acting on behalf of several people, likely friends or family members.

I've seen that site before linked on this board. It was well before the 'crack down'. It's pretty obvious they're getting serious about renting now.

From the website mentioned here.

DVC Owners
It happens to all of us. We end up with extra points. Unfortunately, Disney doesn't have a system in place to help us with our unused points, short of banking them. If you've considered renting your extra points but don't have the extra time it takes to complete a rental, or if you just don't want to take on the responsibility of the rental process, you might consider contacting me about being an associate.

As your associate, here's what I do:

Find the guests to rent your points
Check availabilities for the guest and make reservations
Collect payment for the points rented
Send you top dollar for points rented
Create the rental agreements
Follow up after the guest's stay
Provide solid references

I know I wouldn't make a complete stranger an associate on my account.

I would say he's providing a "service" for people who want to rent our points but don't want to make endless calls to MS. Wonder what his cut is?:confused:

Under who's definition. The only indication we've had from DVC was indirect evidence where they said 20 rentals per year was the cut off. The only thing in the POS that would related to volume would be the limit of 2000 per resort and 5000 per member to encourage buying for personal use. It sounds like this is someone who is acting on behalf of several people, likely friends or family members.

:lmao: And I have a bridge for sale.:lmao:

Incredible! He thinks people are going to add him to their contracts as associates?????? Who does he think just fell off the turnip truck! :confused3 :scared:

Looks like an interesting way to service the rental market. I wonder what they really mean as an "associate"? I can't imagine too many people who would add the name of a complete stranger to their contract, assuming that can even be done. I wonder if they just have people transfer them points which in turn are rented out on their behalf, thus making them an "associate".

DVC is aware of this site.

He has no problem putting in links to enything that helps promote his 'business'.

He use to have a link to my web page also until I added a section about rentals. He then removed his link.

Don't know if the fact he's in Canada has anything to do with things or not.

That is daddio's site. I am not sure if he is on the DIS or on another board I read sometimes. I think he buys a lot of distressed points. In a way that is a service to those that were not proactive with their accounts - he is really helping those folks out. Also He rents for $14 or $15 per point- so at least he isn't underselling anyone or de-valuing DVC points. I have no problem with it.

Also- the 1 transfer rule- is that per contract? He may own several small contracts and transfer.

Here is the thing....

If I rent my points to Mr and Mrs Smith of Eugene Alaska and privately collect the funds how is Disney going to know if I rented to them or if they are my parents dear friends from high school. I mean really- they just cannot enforce a rule like that unless they make points for owners use only. I know they cannot do that because of the POS. There is just no way to enforce it.

Here is the thing....

If I rent my points to Mr and Mrs Smith of Eugene Alaska and privately collect the funds how is Disney going to know if I rented to them or if they are my parents dear friends from high school. I mean really- they just cannot enforce a rule like that unless they make points for owners use only. I know they cannot do that because of the POS. There is just no way to enforce it.

It's easier to do than you might think, and for those hard cases many are of the type they are less likely to worry about.

It's on the DVCRent Yahoo site. There is also a DVCTalk, WDWTalk and DCLTalk. As well as others. Several members here are also members of these groups.

That is daddio's site. I am not sure if he is on the DIS or on another board I read sometimes. I think he buys a lot of distressed points. In a way that is a service to those that were not proactive with their accounts - he is really helping those folks out. Also He rents for $14 or $15 per point- so at least he isn't underselling anyone or de-valuing DVC points. I have no problem with it.

Also- the 1 transfer rule- is that per contract? He may own several small contracts and transfer.

I'm told it's per member, not per contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter