OMG, I got my box!

whiteside61, YAY! glad you're getting your stuff! You are just going to have to educate this TA!

BecABD, last year we got messenger bags. TOTALLY useless as a travel bag. I haven't found a use for it yet. It's too bad, because it's well made, and very pretty, but way too big, bulky & heavy for travel. I really like these backpacks, and plan on using it while on hikes on the trip!

Sayhello

BecABD, last year we got messenger bags. TOTALLY useless as a travel bag. I haven't found a use for it yet.

Sayhello

Sayhello, I have heard, (couldn't say myself :rolleyes1) that the messenger bags will perfectly hold 6-8 bottles of beer while one is riding her bike down the street to the neighbors' for a porch sit.

Sayhello, I have heard, (couldn't say myself :rolleyes1) that the messenger bags will perfectly hold 6-8 bottles of beer while one is riding her bike down the street to the neighbors' for a porch sit.
:rotfl2:

Sayhello

Oh where Oh where is my ABD box?

Oh where Oh where could it be?

Oh where Oh where is my ABD box?

Oh where Oh where could it be?

So I was feeling sorry for myself today and thought I would share by ripping off a nursery rhyme. I have not allowed myself to get excited about this trip and now that I see boxes going out and I am working way too much overtime at work, Aug 25th cannot get here fast enough!

HG

I can TOTALLY relate.

Want to annoy a lot of people wherever you work? Start a countdown to trip in a visible place where you work so anyone who stops in can see it. It is a morale booster as you watch the long stressful days melt away and it is fun to watch other people get just a little irritated and jealous with your countdown...

:rotfl:

Want to annoy a lot of people wherever you work? Start a countdown to trip in a visible place where you work so anyone who stops in can see it. It is a morale booster as you watch the long stressful days melt away and it is fun to watch other people get just a little irritated and jealous with your countdown...

:rotfl:
The first 2009 ABD catalog I got fell apart (it was poorly glued) so I got a new one, and pulled out the pages from the old one for my Alaska trip. They have been prominently displayed on my work bulletin board for weeks now! And the countdown calendar is going to join it!!!! Many people stop and go "Is *THAT* the trip you're going on????" I love it!

Sayhello

Thanks for the reply. I did leave a very unhappy voice mail for my TA and of course she won't get it till Monday and probably won't get back to me until midweek, BUT I did call ABD and they were most helpful and are sending an email to my agent and will check on the whereabouts of our boxes!!! See? Shoulda booked directly with ABD!

Or use my GREAT TA. She answers emails practically 24/7 (or so it seems). She is right on top of everything. Hope everything works out for you.

Our box arrived about 2 weeks ago for our 8/2 Quest for the West trip. Green backpacks here :goodvibes

I can TOTALLY relate.

Yeah for annoyance..great idea!:cool1:

The first 2009 ABD catalog I got fell apart (it was poorly glued) so I got a new one, and pulled out the pages from the old one for my Alaska trip. They have been prominently displayed on my work bulletin board for weeks now! And the countdown calendar is going to join it!!!! Many people stop and go "Is *THAT* the trip you're going on????" I love it!

SayHello...Pure Genius! Now I need to find my book!!! :thumbsup2

We got our box today too. The kids' backpacks are the same as last year - really nice light blue and green ones. The adults have darker green.

I have to admit, I am a little down about our upcoming trip, having read Kristilew's recent report on it. DH is mad at me for being negative, but I think I just have to let it work though - I'm sure by the time the trip actually comes around I will be excited for it, and my expectations will have been appropriately lowered.

I am so sorry to have made you feel any less excited. :sad2: Really, I think you'll have a great time. The ABD rep on our trip said the two highest rated trips are Italy and SWS, so you'll have done both. I just know you'll be posting on here in a few weeks saying that your trip rocked (or, should I say red rocked :laughing:)

We got our box today too. The kids' backpacks are the same as last year - really nice light blue and green ones. The adults have darker green.

I have to admit, I am a little down about our upcoming trip, having read Kristilew's recent report on it. DH is mad at me for being negative, but I think I just have to let it work though - I'm sure by the time the trip actually comes around I will be excited for it, and my expectations will have been appropriately lowered.

Go with an open mind, otherwise you are going to be miserable on the trip. My original trip was canceled and I had to go on a different itinerary I was very upset about it but I made of my mind to go with a open mind and not think about it and I had a wonderful time. I really hope you have a great time.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I haven't been on any other ABD's yet, and no Europe ones, so I really have no basis for comparison. I thought this trip totally rocked, and things kristilew mentioned, like the motorcoach vs a smaller bus, the food, etc, didn't really bother me that much. Again, no basis for comparison...

I *really* hope you can go with an attitude that it is going to be a great trip. Attitude really is everything! This wouldn't be one of ABD's most popular trips if it wasn't a blast!

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter