OMG! I am OBSESSED with DisBoards! Ahh - Support Group needed...

:confused: Although i start to feel overwhelmed and wonder if I should be spending $4,000+ on a weeks vacation!!?? I know once I/we get there and the departure days approach I will be excited, but I sometimes stop and wonder why its so expensive and why I think its ok to spend all that! Its almost like the thrill is over, once the vacation is booked. Its seems like theres more fun to hunt and scower for deals and great rates, and once the booking is done, all the thrill is gone?? :confused3 Anyone else feel like this or am I weird? Its almost like that anxiety you feel I'm telling you - this is the prime exapmple of why Disney and The Dis Boards are so darn Addicting!! :eek: :eek:

Grendalynn, First of all, so sorry for your loss. Hope your heart finds peace. :angel:

Secondly, I agree Disney is expensive ... which is why we've held off this long ... but we are finally taking the plunge (it's not going to get any CHEAPER right?). My thoughts on vacation are this: You work hard 51 weeks every year ... we should be entitled to thoroughly enjoy the 1 week a year when we are not at work, right? My DH is a firefighter/paramedic -- he SAVES LIVES for a living ... he deserves a great vacation. We have two AWESOME sons -- straight A students, "good citizens" as their principal calls them, very respectful, church-going, helpful boys ... they also deserve a great vacation. But most importantly, we MOMS deserve a GREAT VACATION! (We all know who really wears the pants in the family! ... and who does all the planning, the shopping, the packing, the laundry :laundy: ) the list goes on and on!

Somewhat OT but my sister once asked me why I run our boys all over for baseball, soccer, football, wrestling, scouts, etc., etc., etc. My answer was, "they only get one childhood ..." Know what she spent $4,000+ on ??? ... come'on guess... a gigantic TV. Think they'll look back and recall all those wonderful shows/movies they watched as family on that TV? Maybe. But we'll always have Disney! :wizard:

P.S. I, too, am an addict. I'm probably gonna lose my job for being on the DIS boards when I should be working... my kids may not get 100% on their upcoming spelling tests cuz I haven't studied long with them ... the dishes may not get done every night after dinner ... my back will probably hurt from sitting in this chair so much, but come June 7 -- it's WDW or BUST! And I'll be well prepared thanks to all the info on these boards!

Sign me up- I guess I'm an addict too but there is just so much information that I learn from here to help me plan my trips. I learned many good tips that even helps me save money. So I see it as a healthy habit. ;) popcorn::

I have to join this thread as I go into withdrawals if I can't get on the DIS and read every day.... I have to catch up after the kids have gone to bed and I always stay up sooooooo late reading all the posts, but I just can't help it! It's a fun, happy, clean site talking about the most magical place on earth - what's not to love about it??? Dh thinks I'm half-crazy b/c I'm always saying, "on the DIS board....." I'm just glad to have people to share my obsession with!

DisneyMom14 - my kids were Peter Pan, Tinkerbelle (actually a Tinkerbelle ballerina b/c she couldn't decide - sooo cute!) and Wendy for Halloween. Their little friend was Captain Hook....... your picture reminds me of my little ones!

Grendalynn, First of all, so sorry for your loss. Hope your heart finds peace. :angel:

Secondly, I agree Disney is expensive ... which is why we've held off this long ... but we are finally taking the plunge (it's not going to get any CHEAPER right?). My thoughts on vacation are this: You work hard 51 weeks every year ... we should be entitled to thoroughly enjoy the 1 week a year when we are not at work, right? My DH is a firefighter/paramedic -- he SAVES LIVES for a living ... he deserves a great vacation. We have two AWESOME sons -- straight A students, "good citizens" as their principal calls them, very respectful, church-going, helpful boys ... they also deserve a great vacation. But most importantly, we MOMS deserve a GREAT VACATION! (We all know who really wears the pants in the family! ... and who does all the planning, the shopping, the packing, the laundry :laundy: ) the list goes on and on!

Somewhat OT but my sister once asked me why I run our boys all over for baseball, soccer, football, wrestling, scouts, etc., etc., etc. My answer was, "they only get one childhood ..." Know what she spent $4,000+ on ??? ... come'on guess... a gigantic TV. Think they'll look back and recall all those wonderful shows/movies they watched as family on that TV? Maybe. But we'll always have Disney! :wizard:

P.S. I, too, am an addict. I'm probably gonna lose my job for being on the DIS boards when I should be working... my kids may not get 100% on their upcoming spelling tests cuz I haven't studied long with them ... the dishes may not get done every night after dinner ... my back will probably hurt from sitting in this chair so much, but come June 7 -- it's WDW or BUST! And I'll be well prepared thanks to all the info on these boards!

SO FUNNY! I am AT WORK right now!! Its just myself and my boss in our office and she is out today! When the cat isaway the mouse will play! And right now I have DisRadio going and chatting away on teh DIsBoards!! I worked late last night and will certainly amount to something before teh day is over! Its just a little bit of fun right now!! What better way to start the day?? Oh - its 11:20!? Either way - its my fav. place to be!!

About your scenario of spending money and being deserving of a great vacation, money and all... I SO AGREE!! :thumbsup: I guess I never looked at it that way. And your comment about doing all the household work, carting the kids around, and all that BS - YOU are SO right!!! We do wear the pants AND wash um all too!!:rotfl:My SIl and BIL are very much like those "TV PEople". They wait for my inlaws to bring them/us everywhere, w/o having to pay for a thing. But they ahev the best golf clubs and newest cars. DH and I would rather have the experiences and memories than hi-tech gadgets. If i could have both, then great, but until then, family time is far better and worth waaay more than that! You can always buy a TV, you cant get family time and childhoods back!! :goodvibes DH and I were talking about all the fond memories he had as a child and as my family did. We only want the same for our kids. Its sad to think my BILS little girls might not be as lucky. :rolleyes:

Sign me up- I guess I'm an addict too but there is just so much information that I learn from here to help me plan my trips. I learned many good tips that even helps me save money. So I see it as a healthy habit. ;) popcorn::

WELCOME llmurphy!!!Its a great place to spend your time!! We are a big DisFamily on here and try to help each other as best we can fromour experineces and knowledge!! We look forward to reading more posts form you! :welcome:

I have to join this thread as I go into withdrawals if I can't get on the DIS and read every day.... I have to catch up after the kids have gone to bed and I always stay up sooooooo late reading all the posts, but I just can't help it! It's a fun, happy, clean site talking about the most magical place on earth - what's not to love about it??? Dh thinks I'm half-crazy b/c I'm always saying, "on the DIS board....." I'm just glad to have people to share my obsession with!

Me too! Although now in our final days of planning, DH has become very intuned and interested in the info we can get from The Dis! Funny how that works!? I don't think he would share this with the guys at the office, but we are still moving forward!!:banana:

DisneyMom14 - my kids were Peter Pan, Tinkerbelle (actually a Tinkerbelle ballerina b/c she couldn't decide - sooo cute!) and Wendy for Halloween. Their little friend was Captain Hook....... your picture reminds me of my little ones!
The year we went on the Disney Cruise in '05, we were on there for Halloween! DS8 was Peter Pan and DS4 was Captain Hook! What a fun memory to have and what great timing!! I am for all and anything Disney!! DS4 was actually Jack Sparrow this year, too, I am so happy to think my kids love Disney as much at DH and I do!! :wizard:

That must have been soooo cute!!!! Every night my little boy asks me to play Peter Pan on the computer. He's talking about a video (2 actually) on youtube that shows Peter Pan, Wendy, and Captain Hook interacting and playing with each other at either WDW or Disneyland. He is totally into seeing the real characters! So adorable!

I can't get enough either. We thought that we might be getting back in October, but we have to wait until '09. :sad1:

I need this to get me through. The kids talk about it daily as well. We loooove Disney. :yay:

Can I join too. I just cant help myself. Logging into the DisBoards is the first thing I do each day. And we have been back for a few weeks now. Goodness knows when I'm going to get back. We are putting in a swimming pool now so the next WDW trip will be a looooong way down the track. It just costs so much from here.

Can I join too. I just cant help myself. Logging into the DisBoards is the first thing I do each day. And we have been back for a few weeks now...

:welcome:!!! You can ABSOLUTLY join!! Our trip is still 10+ weeks away ad I am already afraid of the withdrawl I will feel when we get back!!! :confused3 I went to Borders and bought 2 more Disney Travel books!! :faint:I am not quite sure why, part of that addiction again!!??:worship: :smickey:

:disrocks:

:surfweb: Good Morning Fellow addicts!! :surfweb: Avoiding laundry and cleaning the house, as usual, today so thatI canspend some tmehere on the DiBoards!! DS4 is at my sisters for the night, DS8 is at a neighbors and DS1 is watching the Tigger Movie, fading away for a nap! A cup of coffe in hand and checking in to see whats new and exciting here on the boards!! and might I add - :cheer2: WAY TO GO PATRIOTS! SuperBowl here we come! :cool1:

OMG! I new to the DIS and looking forward to taking my first ever trip to WDW this June. I had to post, because like you all, I can't stop reading posts on the DIS!

And like you Grendalynn, I am avoiding house cleaning and laundry as I type. :rotfl: !

Anyone have any "must dos" for a first timer?

HI, Everyone, I keep checking back to see what's going on.

Grendalynn, when are you going to Disney?

Muppet Maniac, What you must do for a first timer is scour these boards to make your best vacation ever!! It trully does make a differance in your vacation experience!! I learned a lot on these boards and we had an awesome vacation- best ever! Now if only it didn't cost so much we'd be able to go more!:goodvibes

Has anyone been on the new 2008 dining plan? How did you like it?

Muppet Maniac,

I am still thinking of what to suggest...it will come in tidbits!

First tell us about yourself and who will be going?

Hi fellow addicts.... just had to check in b/c I haven't in a while (of course I've been on the boards DAILY (or should I say multiple times daily!), just haven't been on this thread!). We only have 4 months to go and time will fly by..... dh just said again today how he wants to go to Disneyland for Christmas this year.... I really hope we can swing it b/c I soooo want to go back there during the holidays! I'll have to start planning, but want to enjoy our WDW trip first!

Hi all! Is anyone else suffering Disney withdrawl? This is the first time in years that we have not done some Disney trips in the winter months and we're all kind of sad. Life just has that nasty habit of getting in the way these days! :rotfl: Right now the only thing that keeps me going is reading up on some of the trip reports.

myAAbatteries&aTD-Disneyland for Christmas sounds like it would be wonderful. Hope your able to do it! We've only done WDW for Christmas, but I bet DL is just as fun and beautiful! ;)

HI, Everyone, I keep checking back to see what's going on.

Grendalynn, when are you going to Disney?

Sorry, just saw you are going in April.:)

:goodvibes No worries - sorry I wasnt on here yesterday but i wasnt "really on here"... I wash searching All Ears for bus and transportation schedules for Wilderness Lodge to all the parks and stuff in April. Also on parade and firewrok schedule for Spectro Magic, Wishes and Illuminations ... I couldnt find what I was looking for - anyone know where I should look for that??? :surfweb:

Hi fellow addicts.... just had to check in b/c I haven't in a while (of course I've been on the boards DAILY (or should I say multiple times daily!), just haven't been on this thread!). We only have 4 months to go and time will fly by..... dh just said again today how he wants to go to Disneyland for Christmas this year.... I really hope we can swing it b/c I soooo want to go back there during the holidays! I'll have to start planning, but want to enjoy our WDW trip first!

I know the feeling - we are only 50 days away from our WDW adventure and already I am thinking about whats next - maybe a Disneyland visit or Disney Cruise... We like to do Disney verey 2 or 3 years... That way the kids are still "little" and Disney World doesnt lose any magic for us or the kids! I have been scheduling and planning all our park days and ADRs over the past week and I think I have got everything where we want it! Execpt now they are having Pirate and Princess Partys in April - I might just have to rearrange a few things!!?? :wizard:

Hi all! Is anyone else suffering Disney withdrawl? This is the first time in years that we have not done some Disney trips in the winter months and we're all kind of sad. Life just has that nasty habit of getting in the way these days! ...

I am not suffering from Disney withdrawls, more or less Sun withdrawls!! We havent seen much of the sun in about a week! It has snowed 5 out of the last 7 days - and when it wasnt snowing, it was overcast!!?? Today high winds and frigid temps... AHHH!! It makes Disney look better and better by the day! :woohoo: I think next year we will split up our vacations. Rather than 2 weeks in April, we may do Februsary and April!!? I am usually OK with snow and all thinsg winter, but this is for the birds! Maybe I am just getting old?!? :teacher:

OK, this is sooo off topic from what we generally discuss ont his thread, but tell me what you guys would have done in this situation:

We live in a pretty rural part of New Hampshire. ON a street with other houses right close by. In the past we have had some sketchy people in the neighborhood, selling drugs and other domestic situations. Not your typical things for thsi area- very rare, just happened to be on our street/neighborhood. :confused3 They are gone an all is good now....Generally this town if pretty quiet with minimal violance or bad things. We rarely lock our doors and leave the keys in the ignition inour vehicles and have NEVER had a problem.

Last night we had some stormy(super windy) weather. The wind was howling and we ended up losing power for about an hour. PURE BLACK OUT - no phones, no electricty, nada. This is just after 1AM - All of a sudden, we hear banging on our front door and a "hello - hello"? Like someone was right in our entry way... WE WERE TOTALLY FREAKED OUT!:eek: Mind you we have NO lights and NO phone, only our cell phones - one in my pocketbook and wherever DH happed to put his before bed! So Dh goes to the door and someone is trying to open the (unlocked) door!! Thank goodness DH is a strong man, so he pushed the door back and locked it while the guy was turnig the knob!!!! :scared1: Dh asked if he could help him and the guy said his alarm was going off and asked if he could come in... meanwhile the guy is still pushing on the door. The man says that he is in his underware and wants to come in. DH tells the guy I am calling the police and he continues to stand there... Not quite sure where he lives -in the freezing cold in his underware with NO SHOES... This guy is one of our neighbors, he lives right next door. He moved in late November. yet he has never introduced himself, walks everywhere -no car - in and out at all hours of the day and night and different people in and out at all hours... We have said "hello" "hey there", "hey, how are ya" to him on many occasions and not much interest/friendlyness back... Come to find out he suffers from some sort of mental illness (schizophrenia i think). But we did not know that at the time. ((No flames please - this was a very hard situation to know what to do in, not to mention being 1/2 asleep at 1 am))

Now this is where I am struggling with my concience: Should we have let him in (mind you we didnt know him or about his illnesss)?? or were we right to keep him outside with the door locked? His house was clearly not on fire... No smoke, no flames... but it was really cold out and he was barely dressed... remember - it was picth black and we had no phone or light to see... it was a black out and we were in a very vulnerable situation... wouldnt you go back to your house and put some cloths on? Part of me feels badly we didnt allow him in, but we have 3 small boys and my familys safety and security is our primary responcibility. The lady with 911 said not to allow him in, DH said not to, but for some reason I still feel badly. I have thought about this all day!!

What would you do??

I think I am going to post this as a new thread too... :surfweb:

OK, this is sooo off topic from what we generally discuss ont his thread, but tell me what you guys would have done in this situation:

We live in a pretty rural part of New Hampshire. ON a street with other houses right close by. In the past we have had some sketchy people in the neighborhood, selling drugs and other domestic situations. Not your typical things for thsi area- very rare, just happened to be on our street/neighborhood. :confused3 They are gone an all is good now....Generally this town if pretty quiet with minimal violance or bad things. We rarely lock our doors and leave the keys in the ignition inour vehicles and have NEVER had a problem.

Last night we had some stormy(super windy) weather. The wind was howling and we ended up losing power for about an hour. PURE BLACK OUT - no phones, no electricty, nada. This is just after 1AM - All of a sudden, we hear banging on our front door and a "hello - hello"? Like someone was right in our entry way... WE WERE TOTALLY FREAKED OUT!:eek: Mind you we have NO lights and NO phone, only our cell phones - one in my pocketbook and wherever DH happed to put his before bed! So Dh goes to the door and someone is trying to open the (unlocked) door!! Thank goodness DH is a strong man, so he pushed the door back and locked it while the guy was turnig the knob!!!! :scared1: Dh asked if he could help him and the guy said his alarm was going off and asked if he could come in... meanwhile the guy is still pushing on the door. The man says that he is in his underware and wants to come in. DH tells the guy I am calling the police and he continues to stand there... Not quite sure where he lives -in the freezing cold in his underware with NO SHOES... This guy is one of our neighbors, he lives right next door. He moved in late November. yet he has never introduced himself, walks everywhere -no car - in and out at all hours of the day and night and different people in and out at all hours... We have said "hello" "hey there", "hey, how are ya" to him on many occasions and not much interest/friendlyness back... Come to find out he suffers from some sort of mental illness (schizophrenia i think). But we did not know that at the time. ((No flames please - this was a very hard situation to know what to do in, not to mention being 1/2 asleep at 1 am))

Now this is where I am struggling with my concience: Should we have let him in (mind you we didnt know him or about his illnesss)?? or were we right to keep him outside with the door locked? His house was clearly not on fire... No smoke, no flames... but it was really cold out and he was barely dressed... remember - it was picth black and we had no phone or light to see... it was a black out and we were in a very vulnerable situation... wouldnt you go back to your house and put some cloths on? Part of me feels badly we didnt allow him in, but we have 3 small boys and my familys safety and security is our primary responcibility. The lady with 911 said not to allow him in, DH said not to, but for some reason I still feel badly. I have thought about this all day!!

What would you do??

I think I am going to post this as a new thread too... :surfweb:

It's hard to know what to do in a situation like that and you have to put your family's safety first. IF you had known about his condition, you may have reacted differently but you did not know and no one can blame you for not letting him in..... I'd be feeling guilty, too and also know that my dh would have reacted the same way as yours..... don't beat yourself up over it! No one was hurt and everyone is safe now.

I can't believe I am saying this, but I think you did the right thing, especially with children involved.(unfortuately, there is still some of us that are trusting and then feel guilty because we put our children before this person. I know what you mean the more I think about it...but just think what can I do now?) Because you could be telling a whole new story. I would probably feel the same way wondering, but you just don't know what could have happened, especially w/ his case! I am assuming you called and they sent someone out to check out the case? Because that is the least you could do. I would feel bad if I turned him away and did nothing for his possible claims.

Could you clearify the ending better? He claimed.... your husband called 911...you found out when that he was what? Did they send anyone out to check on him? What happened, did he walk back home?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter