OMG!!! Got a 7 day western Halloween cruise for Christmas!!....

KaitlinsMom

DIS Veteran
I am soo excited I can not believe it!!! - What are the Halloween cruises like? Do they do special activities? - I am soooo excited that I feel like a little kid in a candy store!

Karen

Mom (74, DS (8) and I (48) will be there also! Since we will be at Castaway Cay that day, I can just imagine Disney will have something special planned.

Definitely costume contest from what I heard from other Halloween cruisers - and prizes for the top ones. I know that Jan said she had a great time and lots of fun and hopefully she will see this thread and post more details.

She convinced me that we should go!!

Rae

We'll be there! Me (27), DH (25), and my parents (53ish and 48ish).
My parents were on the cruise for this past Halloween and had so much fun they booked for the same time next year. I'm so excited to be going somewhere where I can actually dress up and have fun!

Hello everyone. We will be on that cruise too! We went this past year and had a GREAT time!!!!:D The only thing I was a little dissapointed with was the trick or treating that they had on board. It was very crowded and took a LONG time to get from one end to the other. A whole group of us chatted on a halloween thread for months before our cruise and planned to meet on board. We also decided that we were going to bring our own trick or treating stuff and have our own T-O-T in our staterooms for our children. We had 23 children participate and about 15 staterooms on all different floors. My daughter enjoyed that better than the Disney T-O-T.

I know there are some that will be cruising again with us this year, so maybe we can do the stateroom T-O-T again if anyone is interested.

Everyone have a Happy New Years!

Dena:earsgirl:

Wow - I didn't realize that this is an extra great time to go -

I would love to do the TOT from stateroom to stateroom - That sounds like it would be more fun that way (almost like a scavenger hunt). My DD will be 5

OK - typical question here - How is the weather at that time? - Although, on our last cruise it wasn't the best weather and we still had an excellant time!

Karen

Wow, how lucky are you!? :p You must have been an extra "good girl" this year to receive an exceptional present like that!! ;)

We sailed out on the Wonder on Halloween this year. It was fun, however, I do have to agree with mdvasquez the trick or treating is disappointing. We thought ours was a let down because we boarded on Halloween and with getting to our rooms and getting situated, having the boat drill, trying to get ready for dinner and Halloween and all the other things going on that first day, but I guess it was the same on the Magic. The trick or treating is VERY DISORGANIZED , and had no particular mapped out route. There seemed to be alot of unhappy (frustrated) people. I was surprised though by all the people that were dressed up! I don't think there was anybody that did not participate in dreesing for Halloween - it was very cool to see everyone in costume!

Our weather was very nice. Nassau was sunny and hot, and the evening was warm also. Our day at Castaway Cay started out drizzly and cold, but by about 12:30 or 1:00 it was sunny and warmer.

Have a fantastic time on your cruise..................

So it sounds like if we take care of the TOT ourselves by doing it stateroom to stateroom, then it should fine - My 5 year old would be greatly disappointed if she did not get to go TOT to get so some candy!

We had the best weather when we went! It ws sunny, beautiful and hot on ALL seven days. And because we are sailing south, it is warmer than the Bahamas.

Dena:earsgirl:

We are on the Halloween cruise too ! We managed to grab the Walt Disney suite. Anyone who wants a look see is most welcome. Our party is mom, dad, children ages 19, 19, 18, 17, and 17. Can hardly wait.

Sheryl in Oregon

i'll be on halloween western cruise with daughter 19, bet your bottom dollar she'll dress up as tinkerbell , and if theres a contest she'll win, looks and acts just like her , makes her own costume too. what activitys are there for adults? deb

Can you have 7 people in the Walt Disney Suite? I thought something showed only 5 but I know its big enough for 7.

I was only going to lurk, but since RAE wondered if I would be here, how can I not?

We had a wonderful time On the Disney MAGIC Halloween Cruise 2002. One of our DIS members arranged to embroider a logo on shirts and sell them at cost so whoever wanted to could have the same cruise logo. There was a Hallmark curled ribbon bunch composed of purple, LIME GREEN and black ribbons so I bought one of those and wore it in my hair as a marker also on embarkation day.

DH decided I should be Snow White but the Disney Catalog had no adult costumes left:( . But that was OK :D since it was a tea-length skirt which does not look too good on me and, my mother had always made our costumes when I was growing up, so I am happier with homemade:):). I made my costume and one for DH also. We decided that at 53 we cannot pass for 20 year olds so this was 30 years after the movie and now we are Queen Snow White and King Tom. Did you know that the Prince in Snow White does not have a name? Well, now he does. :)

We wore the costumes to dinner and had our picture taken in them with Captain Tom.

At the adult costume judging
--which was nice in that we came down the center stairs into the lobby in Deck 3, but not nice because it is hard to see anyone and we think it would be better in the theater where people can all sit and watch while those being introduced walk up to the stage--
we were in the Disney Category. The winners in our category were a Dad dressed as Woody, a Mom dressed as Jesse, a gradeshooler dressed as one of the toys and a baby dressed as Weezie the Penguin. How can anyone compete with a baby dressed as Weezie the Penguin? :confused:

So, my suggestion is that all you who are going to dress up, discuss among yourselves on this thread what you are going to be. Then see if you can match up people. If we had seven dwarfs with us, we might have had a chance at the prize. There was a family of three dwarfs in our DIS group, but we did not know that until AFTER WE WERE HOME. There might have been other dwarfs. The other option that we did not know until we were home was that another couple had dressed as Cinderella and Prince Charming. We could have been introduced together as the DISNEY QUEENS AND KINGS. Either way, we would have had a better crack at beating the Toy Story 2 family.

The DIS T or T was fun. We had no kids with us, but were happy to be a stop along the way. One of the Thread members made signs for the doors of the participating cabins and each had the room number of where to go next. We and our friends (across the hall) went to the lobby to see all the costumes and get a few pictures and then returned to our staterooms to await the onslaught.

The only not-so-good thing was that after the first day, when the Halloween Cruiser shirts were in the dirty clothes we did not know how to recognize each other. Some had gone to Palos for adult brunch on Sunday before arriving in Key West so they knew each other from that. But those of us who did not go often missed each other for days or even the whole cruise and later learned that we had eaten near each other or been on the same excursion. I recommend having some kind of recognition item that you will try to have available frequently.

Also, keep in mind that this thread will help you plan and anticipate the cruise but once you are on it, visiting people is not going to be your highest priority. Some people who CHAT on the thread are SHY in person so might pass you frequently but never say HI. Then later you learn that they saw you a lot and you wish you had recognized them.

The main thing is to have fun now and on the ship.

If anyone has any questions, raise them here and we will have a go at it.

Jan :earsgirl:

JLSE50 -
Jan, your advise is so worthwhile to the rest of us, I just HAD to make you come out of lurking to post!!!! ; )

Thanks for sharing so much with us!

Rae

I am SO excited!! We just booked the 25th cruise tonight! We will also be celebrating our twins 10th birthday!!

I would LOVE to participate in any way we can with any TOT events or any other DIS events.

This is our first cruise, and have spent some time agonizing whether or not to take the plunge. We are VERY excited now that we have.:D

laurenk -

Are your twins boys, girls or both? We will be on this cruise also with our 3 children, the youngest being our 10 year old daughter.

laurenk -

Are your twins boys, girls or both? We will be on this cruise also with our sons (14 and 12) and daughter (10).

I have one of each!!! They are the perfect age for each other, all though I guess your 14 year old will be with the teens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter