Omakase @ California Grill

AKP62184

Earning My Ears
Anyone do this dinning experience yet? How do you get reservations!? Do you have to call?

Do a search. I saw a copy reviews and menus posted. It was posted as $185 per person and you needed to call the restaurant. I think I read it was once a night and not every night. I wanted to try but saw the price and changed mine

Yes, you must call.

I haven't heard that it is only certain nights, but I have heard it may not be offered much longer. The seating is always at 8 PM.

No, they will not apply Tables in Wonderland to this as it is considered a special dining event.

We felt it was well worth the money. Would be sorry to see it go.

In my Fall 2013 thread in my signature, I have a link to my Omakase Review. I felt it was worth the money.

I might the only one that did not think this was worth the time/money, even compared to other WDW options. I've been hoping for pics or recaps of more recent iterations because my meal felt like a work in progress (Dis_Yoda had the exact same meal almost a month later so maybe they thought it was polished enough).

So from what I can tell the Omakase Experience is no longer available at the California Grill, correct?

Yeah, it's been gone for years.

According to the people at California Grill, people would complain to their hotel's about not being able to get a reservation for California Grill, so the hotel would book them in at the sushi counter and then once they got there they'd say they didn't want the omakase... which was resulting in a waste of food, as things had already started being prepared. I was really, really upset about this a year or so ago, but I suppose that's just what happens, unfortunately. They still have good rolls, but nothing close to omakase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter