Ollivanders Sign Up

SPSRAS

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done Ollivanders in Diagon Alley yesterday or today? I am wondering if we should go straight there to get on the list or ride Gringotts first. We don’t have early access so not sure if going to sign up first would put us behind too many people at Gringotts?
Ideally we want to purchase the wand early so we can explore DA with it.
Also - do we just go to the back of the shop to sign up - will it be obvious??

We rode Gringott’s first (we had early entry but someone *cough* husband *cough* wouldn’t get out of bed on time so we were very late, got in just before regular crowds) this past Monday 8/17. We drank a butter beer and wandered a bit before getting in Ollivander’s sign up line. Our assigned time at 9:45 was 11:30, so you could likely get earlier if you didn’t dawdle like we did. Good luck!

Can you explain the sign up process for me please? Essentially, my question is what are you signing up for? Do you have to sign up or can you walk in at any time? We'll be visiting for the first time in April '21 and this is a must do for my oldest daughter. This is all new to me!

Can you explain the sign up process for me please? Essentially, my question is what are you signing up for? Do you have to sign up or can you walk in at any time? We'll be visiting for the first time in April '21 and this is a must do for my oldest daughter. This is all new to me!

The sign up is for the Ollivander show where a person is chosen by Mr. Ollivander to find the right wand. Right now it is one group per show so the person you designate will be chosen. It is a cute interactive show, won’t spoil it more but it is worth doing, for sure!

If you want to skip the show and just purchase the wand of your choice, you can go directly into the shop. The sign ups are around the corner from the shop, easy to find as there will be a witch with a clipboard.

The sign up is for the Ollivander show where a person is chosen by Mr. Ollivander to find the right wand. Right now it is one group per show so the person you designate will be chosen. It is a cute interactive show, won’t spoil it more but it is worth doing, for sure!

If you want to skip the show and just purchase the wand of your choice, you can go directly into the shop. The sign ups are around the corner from the shop, easy to find as there will be a witch with a clipboard.

That’s cool that someone can now be picked out. I was never picked as an adult. But watching the kid’s eyes light up was always worth the experience.

We really need a shop for the other wandmaker.

Thank you! This is very helpful!

Any chance we could have both our boys do it in one visit? or will we have to sign them up and go through the process two separate times?

Any chance we could have both our boys do it in one visit? or will we have to sign them up and go through the process two separate times?
I would ask when you sign up. I think they would do it but they sign people up for 10 min slots and it’s timed for each show. So I think you could just ask for two slots back to back. If it’s like the day we went we had our choice of times starting at 9:45 so really not a problem. We signed up first before riding Gringotts.

I asked if my two boys could have a dual ceremony and they said it was exceedingly rare and they wouldn’t be able to accommodate the request during our visit.

So, you can ask but expect that they will say no and you will have to do two separate shows.

I asked if my two boys could have a dual ceremony and they said it was exceedingly rare and they wouldn’t be able to accommodate the request during our visit.

So, you can ask but expect that they will say no and you will have to do two separate shows.

Thanks. This was with the current "one family per show" arrangement?

I still don't understand the sign-up process. Do you just have to go to Ollivander's in person, as soon as it opens, and get a time slot for later in the day? Is this true for both Ollivander's locations? I heard that there are two times where they do sign up, is that true?

I'm a little confused as to how the child is chosen to participate in the wand ceremony. I spoke with a phone representative that said even with the current format, the child is still chosen at "random" but that a child is more likely to be chosen if they're dressed up and shows a lot of excitement. Is this a YMMV situation or a case of the phone rep giving inaccurate information?

I'm a little confused as to how the child is chosen to participate in the wand ceremony. I spoke with a phone representative that said even with the current format, the child is still chosen at "random" but that a child is more likely to be chosen if they're dressed up and shows a lot of excitement. Is this a YMMV situation or a case of the phone rep giving inaccurate information?
I do think the answer is - if you use the sign up method, you pick. If you don't use the sign up method, it's 'random'. Since it's only one family at a time anyway, you could probably influence the randomness by positioning the 'right' kid up at the front. If the 'wrong' kid gets chosen, and it won't cause a metldown family fight, you could probably suggest to the shopkeeper that "this kid really wants to..."

What I am finding says that the Hogsmeade version doesn't have a signup version, but Diagon does. I've also seen that the Diagon version might not use the sign up first thing in the morning. Once the queue gets to a certain length, they start the sign up process. So I guess the overall answer to the 'who gets chosen' is not simple.

I do think the answer is - if you use the sign up method, you pick. If you don't use the sign up method, it's 'random'. Since it's only one family at a time anyway, you could probably influence the randomness by positioning the 'right' kid up at the front. If the 'wrong' kid gets chosen, and it won't cause a metldown family fight, you could probably suggest to the shopkeeper that "this kid really wants to..."

What I am finding says that the Hogsmeade version doesn't have a signup version, but Diagon does. I've also seen that the Diagon version might not use the sign up first thing in the morning. Once the queue gets to a certain length, they start the sign up process. So I guess the overall answer to the 'who gets chosen' is not simple.
Do they open with the early morning hours to start the ceremonies or is it at park opening does anyone know? This is the one thing i am sooooo excited about!

I still don't understand the sign-up process. Do you just have to go to Ollivander's in person, as soon as it opens, and get a time slot for later in the day? Is this true for both Ollivander's locations? I heard that there are two times where they do sign up, is that true?
We went straight to Olivanders to sign up when the park opened and our return time was noon. This was last Saturday. I would do that first thing or risk not getting in at all.

We arrived at Ollivander's this past Tuesday around 7:50 (right at the end of Early Entry), and we got a return time of 8:50. BTW they were no longer doing just one party at a time - my group of two was together with another group of two. Luckily my daughter was picked! (She was cuter)

We arrived at Ollivander's this past Tuesday around 7:50 (right at the end of Early Entry), and we got a return time of 8:50. BTW they were no longer doing just one party at a time - my group of two was together with another group of two. Luckily my daughter was picked! (She was cuter)
Eek. What was the spacing like between the two parties? Did they tell you in advance it was now mixed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter