Oldies but goodies (Richyams) don't read if you own at BWV

ScottOKW2K

No Chick Flick Moments
If the old posts I found are correct, Rich would have been 51 this coming Wednesday. You are missed, and still remembered !

Richyams
A man, A legend, A way of life...

You were hoping for something nice [about BWV] WITHOUT anything negative....sorry, that is just to high a hurdle for me.

Let me try

The valets are very polite!!

How was that?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Richyams

I have never heard of even one elevator accident at BWV!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richyams

BWV windows have very clear glass!!
Richyams

The coffee cups at BWV don't leak at all, not even a little bit!!
Richyams

Glad you had a good time, we rarely get someone coming back from their first stay upset or dissappointed that they bought in.

I like this:
Quote:
our room was very far from the lobby. We even had a rest area at the halfway point (a few chairs and a round sofa type thing)!

==
BWV, only DVC resort with halls long enough to require rest stops!!!!
Richyams

You may not have to waste any time in the gym, the walks to your room could suffice. I hear that the BWV hallways are used to train for the WDW marathon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richyams

If convenience and luxury are what you are after, BWV will not dissappoint!

Not only can you see the TV from the hot tub, you can actually reach into the kitchen and re-fill your coffee from the hot tub!

You can reach in and grab a beer from the fridge while you are out on the balcony!!! [a true classic!]

Some people call those units tiny, I think Disney had luxury and convenience in mind.

Richyams

Its going to be tough, but I do appreciate the genius of their design [BWV]. It really makes for an easier vacation.

I can do the laundry, clean the dining room and kitchen, turn on the TV AND dust the entire living room, all while standing in one place.

And another poster responded in the same vein - I don't know if BWV went to the automatic thermostat yet,but if they did and you want a cold room to come back too, just take the ice cube tray out of the freezer and leave it on the dining room table. Should keep a room that size cooled down to around 60F in even the hottest weather

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Believe it or not my DH referenced the beer from the fridge quote today in the MK while chatting with another member that owns OKW. She was telling my DH how she really loves her OKW due to the large rooms. That made us think of Rich!!

BWV lover here. I often think of him whenever I'm in my little BWV room.

I loved how he needled us BWV owners, all in good fun. He was a hoot! Thanks for rounding up these classics by Rich. I miss having him around the DIS. :)

If the old posts I found are correct, Rich would have been 51 this coming Wednesday. You are missed, and still remembered !

Richyams

You were hoping for something nice [about BWV] WITHOUT anything negative....sorry, that is just to high a hurdle for me.

Let me try

The valets are very polite!!

How was that?

Richyams

I have never heard of even one elevator accident at BWV!

Richyams

BWV windows have very clear glass!!
Richyams

The coffee cups at BWV don't leak at all, not even a little bit!!
Richyams

Glad you had a good time, we rarely get someone coming back from their first stay upset or dissappointed that they bought in.

I like this:
Quote:
our room was very far from the lobby. We even had a rest area at the halfway point (a few chairs and a round sofa type thing)!

==
BWV, only DVC resort with halls long enough to require rest stops!!!!
Richyams

You may not have to waste any time in the gym, the walks to your room could suffice. I hear that the BWV hallways are used to train for the WDW marathon.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richyams

If convenience and luxury are what you are after, BWV will not dissappoint!

Not only can you see the TV from the hot tub, you can actually reach into the kitchen and re-fill your coffee from the hot tub!

You can reach in and grab a beer from the fridge while you are out on the balcony!!! [a true classic!]

Some people call those units tiny, I think Disney had luxury and convenience in mind.

Richyams

Its going to be tough, but I do appreciate the genius of their design [BWV]. It really makes for an easier vacation.

I can do the laundry, clean the dining room and kitchen, turn on the TV AND dust the entire living room, all while standing in one place.

And another poster responded in the same vein - I don't know if BWV went to the automatic thermostat yet,but if they did and you want a cold room to come back too, just take the ice cube tray out of the freezer and leave it on the dining room table. Should keep a room that size cooled down to around 60F in even the hottest weather

He was always so funny! Didn't he also say that you could clean all of a BWV unit using only one paper tower; that you could get a beer from the refrigerator without getting up from your balcony; and wasn't there something about praticing for marathons by walking the long hallways like rats in a maze? My DH still calls him "My hero" because he voiced his love for OKW so much!

I love Rich's sayisms about BWV! LOL, we just bought into BWV resale, excited about finally being able to stay near Epcot during F&W fest. But I understand exactly what Rich was saying in all these quotes, especially from an OKW owners perspective(dont own pts there, but love the 1 bedrooms)

Hope Rich is staying in super large accommodations in Heaven and looking down on us and laughing along with us.

Miss you Rich

I bought BWV in 1999 and I remember his posts! I loved reading what he had to say:)

DH wanted to try BWV in Nov since he had never stayed there before. All of Rich's comments came back to me. LOL I really still miss him too.

Rich was very insightful as well as funny. We miss him too!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

One more thing I thought of - I would be willing to bet no OKW Grand Villa has smelled of pigs feet for quite some time ! :crazy2:

I remember that he would drive some BWV owners absolutely nuts by saying "Many people believe that OKW is the only true DVC resort." :rotfl:

There's been no one like Richyams! Hate to admit that it took me just a little while to figure out that his posts were 'tongue in cheek'.

I remember that he would drive some BWV owners absolutely nuts by saying "Many people believe that OKW is the only true DVC resort." :rotfl:

Speaking as one who bought OKW sight-unseen, partly because of him - he's right ! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter