"Older" First Timer

Dancemomof3

Mouseketeer
My dad is going with us on our trip next year. We have 8 day Park Hoppers with the Water Parks Fun and More option. This is a dance trip for my daughters so other than their 4 performances what would be the 1 must see thing you would recommend for him? He will be 59 so not really old and in very good shape he'll probably handle touring the parks better than I do. This will probably be the only time he ever goes but he's wanted to go for a long time. He has no big expectations for the trip he'll enjoy whatever we do but I also don't want him coming back and telling my brothers and sister that they're right, I'm nuts and he can't understand why I keep going back either, lol.

You gotta get him to engage in a little planning. It may be he says that he'll just go with the flow that YOU plan - and then you have an answer - but you may want to chat with him about some things so you get a feel for things he might like.

Example - is he a roller coaster guy or not? On my family trips - one guy is a MUST ride the coaster person, the other one is happy to skip them. Character meetings or not? One of mine likes doing ANY character meet and greets, the other one doesn't care to meet the princesses. Who is his FAVORITE character?

I think you should be sure to plan a "special" event for the whole group. Maybe Hoop Dee Do Review - or going to a restaurant where the plan is to linger and be a family - not rush through to get back to park touring.

I think one key for him to understand you aren't nuts for going back - really try to avoid lines! Remember it's his first time so things like Hall of Presidents, Caro of Progress, People Mover, Figament, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Canada shows, the mime in Italy, FOTLK, Conservation Station, -- etc - things that can make the park day full without line waits - can be good to add in among those things you have FP's for.

My father love trains, so if it were for him I would book Disney's The Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour. But your may like just taking it easy or going on the rides or finding a good lunch spot it all depending on what they like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter