Old non expiration tickets

dlsanchez

Mouseketeer
My old non expiration tickets have one day left on them. They are in MDE but I don't know if they are linked to a magic band or not. I had 2 days left and used one day last April. I can see the tickets in MDE but how do I know if they are linked to a Magic Band? I am able to make fast pass plus reservations.

If you have a ticket and a magic band linked to the same MDE account they are "linked" together.

There's nothing actually on the band it's a key to open the vault of your MDE account but if they're both there the band can access them

Thank you! So the ticket will automatically be linked to the magic band for the right guest? The ticket is for my daughter and it will be linked with her magic band?

i had one day left on 3 old paper tickets from the late 80's and early 90's. They converted it to a 3 day park hopper!

If your tickets are linked in MDE and your magic bands are linked in MDE then your tickets and magic bands are linked and you can use your magid bands to access your ticket info.

When you have "more than one ticket on your magic band" you need to be conscious of and vigilant over all of them.

You may need to go to Guest Services at the start of your vacation and "prioritize" the tickets and days.

It usually makes a big difference which tickets get used first. Do it wrong and ticket days can go to waste.

Just an example: You have a very old non-expiring 3 day hopper and a brand new 5 day ticket. Your vacation is 5 days long. The system uses up the old 3 day hopper first and then 2 days out of the new ticket. Shortly after you go home the remaining days on the new ticket naturally expire. Now you have nothing left. By prioritizing you can specify in advance to use the new 5 day ticket first in this example.

Each person's situation will be different.

Last edited:
You may need to go to Guest Services at the start of your vacation and "prioritize" the tickets and days.
Can you prioritize them in MDE. Say you already have non-expiring tickets linked to you (with FPs set up), but decide to save them and purchase new tickets and link them. Can you move the old tickets to a made-up name in the account and assign the new tickets to you. And will the FPs stay assigned to you?

I have 2 sets of no expiration tickets. 3 day and a 5 day left.

Since we weren't park hopping this last time, we purchased 2 three day base tickets as well as an after hours pass.

We had to go to customer service so they could prioritize the 3 day base tickets and then since the AK after hours was on our last day and our 3 day base tickets were up, we had to prioritize those tickets over our no expiration tickets.

Can you prioritize them in MDE. Say you already have non-expiring tickets linked to you (with FPs set up), but decide to save them and purchase new tickets and link them. Can you move the old tickets to a made-up name in the account and assign the new tickets to you. And will the FPs stay assigned to you?

It would be nice if you could do it yourself, although it would be even nicer if they'd do the obvious prioritization for you. Even more annoying is they'll let you use up nonexpiring tickets before redeeming an active AP unless you specifically request that prioritization, too. Either its intentional or incompetence. I honestly can't decide.

If (IF) the older tickets have never been used at all, then you CAN transfer them to a made-up name in the account and assign the new tickets to you.
However, once a ticket has started being used, it cannot be transferred in MDX (or any other way) to another name.
So, having guest relations set the correct "priority" of your tickets before you enter a park
would take care of which active ticket would be used "next."

Regarding FP+
As long as you maintain enough days of valid tickets (of any kind) in your MDX account, your FPs will remain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter