• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Old Key West

KayleeUK

Still here.....
Hi

We will be phoning this week to add on four days at OKW after our BWV trip in October.

Am I right in thinking that they hand out rooms on a first come first served basis and you cannot make specific requests??

Kaylee

Am I right in thinking that they hand out rooms on a first come first served basis and you cannot make specific requests??

I don't think anyone has the definitive answer to this - it seems to vary with whoever you ask. :rolleyes:

However, it is definitely okay to make requests (I believe MS ask if you have any requests when you make the booking), it's just that you might stand less chance of the requests being met if they are doing room allocation on a first-come, first-served basis and you check-in late in the day.

In your case, as you'll be coming from the BWV, would you be able to check-in early and hope that your requests will be met?

Thanks Hilary

HAve you any idea what we should ask for?

I was thinking non-smoking, high floor and close to hospitality house, what do you think ?

Thanks Kaylee

That would be my choice too :). I don't like carrying the cases up to the top floor, but I like it when we get there!

On our last trip we ended up about as far from HH as we could have been (despite a request to be nearby :rolleyes: ) but it honestly wasn't a problem. I think I'd be happy with any location now as I don't think there's anywhere in OKW I really wouldn't want to be.

Have you stayed in OKW before?

Hilary

We haven't stayed at OKW before. Our 1st DVC trip was to our 'home' - Boardwalk. I would love to give all the DVC places a try so this year we are doing 14 days at BWV and 4 Days at OKW. Next time I would like to split our stay with VWL :D

Kaylee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter