Old Key West Studio through Disney not DVC...view/location?

jbethel77

Mouseketeer
We just booked a studio at OKW through the regular Disney website. We are DVC members & when you look at studios on the DVC site, there are categories.... near Hospitality House, standard. However, my reservation through Disney only says “deluxe studio”, no other room category listed. Anyone know what I might end up with? I want to do a request through touring plans but I don’t know what location to choose.
Thanks!

You can put in a request for the area you would like to stay. Give it a go and perhaps they will assign you the area you want.

View is not bookable at OKW for everyone and varies a lot even in the same building.

View is not bookable at OKW for everyone and varies a lot even in the same building.

It’s not so much the view I’m concerned with at okw. It’s more about location. When booking through DVC there are 2 location categories, but not when booking through Disney.

You can make a request for a specific building, but it's not guaranteed you'll get it. The only bad locations (as far as I'm concerned) are the ones right next to a bus stop. The beeping of the buses drives me crazy.

You won't get Near Hospitality House by booking for cash through Disney Reservation Center. Maybe through Member Service, but not DRC. Near HH is buildings 11-14 and 23-26.

You can make a request for a specific building, but it's not guaranteed you'll get it. The only bad locations (as far as I'm concerned) are the ones right next to a bus stop. The beeping of the buses drives me crazy.
Or right near the stop sign at Peninsular Road and Old Turtle Pond (Building 45). Then you hear the squealing of the brakes when they all stop at the stop signs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter