Old Key West Coffee Situation

Little E

DIS Veteran
Hi Disfriends!

It's been ten years since we have stayed at OKW. We are headed back for a quick family spring break trip starting this Sunday. I'm wondering what the coffee situation in the two bedroom villas are currently? I'm thinking we had a drip coffee maker in 2014, but I'm wondering if that has changed? Are there Keurigs now in the two bedrooms? I'm creating a Shipt grocery list now, and I need to know if I should add Keurig Starbucks pods to my grocery list.

Thanks so much for any intel!

Hi Disfriends!

It's been ten years since we have stayed at OKW. We are headed back for a quick family spring break trip starting this Sunday. I'm wondering what the coffee situation in the two bedroom villas are currently? I'm thinking we had a drip coffee maker in 2014, but I'm wondering if that has changed? Are there Keurigs now in the two bedrooms? I'm creating a Shipt grocery list now, and I need to know if I should add Keurig Starbucks pods to my grocery list.

Thanks so much for any intel!
While I’m not completely sure. But I believe they were switching over to the 1/2 drip1/2 Keurig machines. So they do both. Wouldn’t hurt to pack a few pods.

As of December 2023 it was still a drip-only coffee maker. Not sure if they've yet changed over to the dual machines like they have at the Grand villas and other places.

Thank you all for the intel. I won't waste space in my carry on with SBUX pods. DH is just going to have to suck it up and either drink the pot of coffee Disney gives us in the villa, or wait to order SBUX in the parks. :P

It’s a bit hit or miss. I stayed in a GV in ‘22 and ‘23 and had the combo. I staye in a 1 br last fall and had the regular drip coffeemaker

@wdwnut Oh wow! So, there is a chance of having a combo coffeemaker with the Keurig in it? Good to know! I'll put some SBUX pods back in the "to pack" pile today. Thank you for this intel!

DH is just going to have to suck it up and either drink the pot of coffee Disney gives us in the villa, or wait to order SBUX in the parks
A bag of Peet's is usually the first thing I put in my grocery order, for exactly this reason.

They do provide Joffrey's K-cups in the rooms with the new Keurig Duo coffee makers along with bagged coffee for the drip brewer side. I do bring a box of my own Peet's K-cups as well.

We were in a Building 18 studio last week and the coffee maker was a cone filter drip style … my advice would be to call guest services or stop by the lobby and grab some additional packets of Joffreys … our station only had 2 regular and 1 decaf stocked for a 5 night stay and was never replenished even though they were in every day for trash and ‘security’ Also there were no teabags if that is your drink … we went to the lobby to ask for additional coffee packets to be delivered but the kind lady just gave us some on the spot …

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter