Old Disney Park photos

Disney1984046-2.jpg

Here's a video from August 1990. They rarely use this venue any more at EPCOT.

The "Preview Center" was located on Hotel Plaza Blvd. It's still there and is occupied by the Amateur Athletics Union.

Some trees have grown but others have disappeared! When I looked through my old photos, I was shocked to see these 2 giant trees in the hub! This first one was from 1995, the second one from 1998....so sometimes between those 2 dates, those trees were either removed or drastically trimmed so not to obstruct the view of the castle!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

What were they thinking putting a honeypot on Pooh's head?!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I'm on the left! My second trip to WDW in 1986. I was 5!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Before they added the backdrop to the stage at America Garden's Theater.
ry%3D400

Some things never change!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Some boat show on World Showcase Lagoon!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I have lots more that I'll post but if anyone is interested, I made a video for my sister of all our old disney pictures and videos. The link is in my sig..."growing up disney."

Here are some from my parent's first visit, in what I think was June of 1972-- that's what the picture backs said at least... sorry I didn't get to fix the color on 'em, but at the time, i was just scanning to preserve!

my folks are the ones in the stocks ;)

WDW672-18.jpg
WDW672-17.jpg
WDW672-16.jpg
WDW672-15.jpg
WDW672-14.jpg
WDW672-13.jpg

WDW672-12.jpg
WDW672-11.jpg
WDW672-10.jpg
WDW672-9.jpg
WDW672-8.jpg
WDW672-7.jpg
WDW672-6.jpg
WDW672-5.jpg
WDW672-4.jpg
WDW672-3.jpg
WDW672-2.jpg
WDW672-1.jpg

my favorite of them is the one of the Haunted Mansion, and how there are hardly any trees, and now it's like, COVERED!! lol.

WDW672-17.jpg

WDW672-12.jpg

my favorite of them is the one of the Haunted Mansion, and how there are hardly any trees, and now it's like, COVERED!! lol.

Wow! I LOVE that you cant actually SEE the Haunted Mansion! They should trim some of those trees. Whenever I'm there, I always try to find a place to get a good angle of the HM and you just can't!

The show of the hang gliders was one of the best shows they had on the world showcase lagoon.
It was cancelled because one of the cast members got killed during one of the rehearsals.

I did not know that! Thanks for the info!

Why is the Sigma Phi Epsilon guy wearing a hard hat? Is he one of the Village People?

Beautiful pictures everyone! I am really enjoying them! My husband looks over as this picture goes by, and he is a Sigma Alpha Epsilon (the mortal enemy to Sig phi Ep) wow he just goes off making fun of this guy lol. Shows what a 40 year old picture can do!!! :rotfl:

Brack, that is a really cool video. The characters are really groovin'. I love how Chip and Dale have rainbows on their butts. LOL

Nikki....watched your "growing up disney" video....almost teared up...but LOVED it! What a special gift for your sister!

nikkilovesWDW -

I just watched your "Growing Up Disney" video too. After reading nittany's post I should have known not to watch it work. I'm sitting at my desk quickly wiping away the tears. It is a very beautiful and sweet video.

This was taken during the "Electric Light Parade" in 1981 - I can still hum the theme song! Imagine my surprise when after developing the film, there was a person inside! :rotfl2: She looks thrilled to be "Doc"! :rotfl: :rotfl:
347544332%7Ffp343%3Enu%3D327%3B%3E388%3E2%3A7%3EWSNRCG%3D32338%3A99%3C2967nu0mrj

I am loving this!!! I always wonder what the people inside are really thinking...this sums it up! You know she was thinking 'another stinkin' parade...' LOL Thanks for this one! :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter