• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Old Disney Channel

disneedust1429

Someday I'll be part of your world
Who else remembers the old Disney Channel?

I want it back so bad.

I grew up on pepper ann, the weekenders, Lizzie McGuire, lloyd in space, recess... all those shows aahaha

I think I started watching right after the Lizzie Mcguire era, I looooved That's So Raven. I miss it soo much:( I also used to watch Suite Life of Zack and Cody (SL on Deck is terrible IMO). That's about it.

I still watch Disney Channel, but some shows are pretty bad now. The Suite Life jumped the shark a while ago and became way too unrealistic, Wizards of Waverly Place started to suck a little this season, the canceled all the good shows. The only realistic shows on DC are Shake it Up (Well, kinda, if you don't count the Science Fair episode.) which is an ok show and Good Luck Charlie. (Most of the time.) I really miss all the good shows that used to be on DC like That's So Raven, Cory in the House, the REAL Suite Life, The Proud Family, Life with Derek, Honey I Shrunk the Kids (They show it on HUB though. But I don't have HUB.), Phil of the Future (I LOVED this show), House of Mouse, and Lizzie McGuire.

I loved the House of Mouse. I miss it :sad2:

So do I! It's one of the cartoons that stopped showing over here, along with Pepper Ann and Weekenders. We still get Recess, Filmore (sometimes), Lloyd in Space, Timon & Pumbaa, Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Lilo and Stitch, Dave the Barbarian, and Kim Possible. Although most of those are on a channel we don't have because it's a channel you have to pay extra for -_-

We still have That's so Raven and Lizzie McGuire over here as well. Phil of the Future was on sometime last year, but stopped airing in favour of more Hannah Montana repeats...

I really miss all the good shows that used to be on DC like That's So Raven, Cory in the House, the REAL Suite Life, The Proud Family, Life with Derek, Honey I Shrunk the Kids (They show it on HUB though. But I don't have HUB.), Phil of the Future (I LOVED this show), House of Mouse, and Lizzie McGuire.

AHH I forgot about Phil of the Future and Proud Family! I miss those:(

...but yeah, one thing about DC is that it's really too unrealistic

Ah! I used to have a crush on Ricky Ullman, aka the guy that played Phil in "Phil of the Future". He was so cute! :lovestruc

I still watch Disney Channel, but some shows are pretty bad now. The Suite Life jumped the shark a while ago and became way too unrealistic, Wizards of Waverly Place started to suck a little this season, the canceled all the good shows. The only realistic shows on DC are Shake it Up (Well, kinda, if you don't count the Science Fair episode.) which is an ok show and Good Luck Charlie. (Most of the time.) I really miss all the good shows that used to be on DC like That's So Raven, Cory in the House, the REAL Suite Life, The Proud Family, Life with Derek, Honey I Shrunk the Kids (They show it on HUB though. But I don't have HUB.), Phil of the Future (I LOVED this show), House of Mouse, and Lizzie McGuire.

i totally agree!

The old Disney Channel was so much better. I wasn't a fan of the "One Saturday Morning" shows like Pepper Ann, Recess and such, but shows like That's So Raven, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody (not the stuff they have now), Phil of the Future, The Proud Family and so many other shows were quite good. They now have been using a lot of the same plot line themes over and over again (Hannah Montana and Shake It Up! <---See a similarity there). And those who've been kept around aren't just as good as they were and become redundant and quite lackluster.

I miss it... Lizzie McGuire, That's So Raven, Phil of the Future, Dave the Barbarian, Life With Derek, and Kim Possible were my life... not really, but I loved them. I mean, I like the shows on now, but they're not the same. Hannah Montana was pretty good, I even liked HM Forever. Wizards of Waverly Place was good at the start... now it's terrible. I'm glad it's ending soon, this is its last season. The Suite Life of Zack and Cody was cute, and the Suite Life on Deck is alright. Sonny With a Chance is my favorite now. Good Luck Charlie and Shake it Up I will tolerate, but I don't really like. And I liked Jonas LA (;

But times have changed since we were little. Most of us wouldn't have been interested in the shows they showed before our generation. The kids of this generation aren't really interested in the shows we watched. We've got to realize that we're not in the 90s/early 2000s anymore.

Lol. I know. And who knows how old Ricky Ullman is now.

He's 25 :-)

I miss it also. The good era I think that Lizzie McGuire was the very first Disney show I really fell in love with. I also really miss The House of Mouse I absolutely loved that show and it's a shame they don't play it anymore. Well they do play small clips of it but none of the kids who watch Disney Channel now a-days would even know what it was so they get away with it. I also really love That's So Raven that was really the last Disney show I truely really loved me and mom had a lot of fun with that show together and were really sad to see it go. I think that Raven and Hilary were 2 of few Disney stars that actually turned out ok in the end. I also really loved Recess and miss that show to today and watch reruns of it if I get a chance. I also really enjoyed Even Stevens it was one of the few shows that both me and my brother liked on Disney Channel. I wish Disney would create a premium channel just for old Disney shows like Lizzie, Raven, Llyod in Space, Bug Juice, The Jersey, Even Stevens, The Proud Family, Kim Possible, Lilo & Stitch: The Series. Also maybe have a Play House Disney type of oldies show in the morning with younger kids with shows on such as Bear In the Big Blue House, PB&J Otter, Out of The Box, Rollie Pollie Ollie. I know that Disney sometimes reads this board so just a word of thought for you :) .

For me the perfect Vintage Disney Channel would have:

-House of Mouse
-the One Saturday Morning shows
-Goof Troop
-DuckTales
-TaleSpin
-the Weekenders
-Lizzie McGuire
-Boy Meets World (they played it there and now it's on ABC Family)
-Bonkers
-Darkwing Duck
-Timon and Pumbaa
-Aladdin
-Lilo and Stitch the series
-That's So Raven
-no DCOMs except the ones leading up to the Cheetah Girls
-any and all Disney Renaissance movies.

I loved the House of Mouse. I miss it :sad2:

that was a neat show

But times have changed since we were little. Most of us wouldn't have been interested in the shows they showed before our generation. The kids of this generation aren't really interested in the shows we watched. We've got to realize that we're not in the 90s/early 2000s anymore.

soo true:thumbsup2

i miss

-House of Mouse :happytv:
-Goof Troop :happytv:
-DuckTales :happytv:
-TaleSpin :happytv:
-the Weekenders :rotfl:
-Darkwing Duck :rotfl:
-Timon and Pumbaa:rotfl2:
-Lilo and Stitch the series :happytv::rotfl::rotfl2: :worship:
-cory in the house :happytv::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::lmao:

The new Disney shows are so blahhh -.-

I miss the old Disney, like:

Lizzie McGuire
So Weird
In a Heartbeat
Phil of the Future
Even Stevens
Jett Jackson
Boy Meets World

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter