• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Old Christmas Lights

I have no clue if they work or not. I am donating a bunch of holiday Christmas decorations so if they work I will put them in with the other stuff. It is the non working ones that I am trying to find a place for. I know you are not "supposed to" put them in the trash but it doesn't seem like they make it easy to recycle them either.

I just pulled the old bubs a couple years ago and put in new LED bulbs, I posted up on FB marketplace that I had a box of around 500 color incandescent bulbs and gave them to the 1st person that showed up.

I got rid of mine through a community Buy Nothing group on Facebook.

Yes, or the local Freecycle group. There are a few community "free" groups now. They go by various names, depending on your local community. All the Christmas items get snapped right up.

There is always someone who wants Christmas stuff and wants to be ready when it's finally time to decorate for Christmas. For some, the old style lights are very nostalgic.
ChristmasTree.gif

Same.

They go in the trash.
Funny thing about the timing of this thread... We use (warm white) Christmas lights year round in the back yard/patio area. I guess that is why we go through so many of them. I noticed last night we have a section that went out. Gotta find some time to take those down and pitch them, dig into the supply of new ones. I usually grab up strings of lights on the "after Christmas" sales to keep them on hand for situations like this.

When my mom passed away 10 years ago and I had an estate sale, the first items that sold were her Charlie Brown 1960's artificial Christmas tree, and all the lights, and all the exterior Christmas lights.
We have all our old incandescent Christmas lights boxed up as we bought LEDs years ago to replace them. The wiring is all still safe, and they work fine, if any of the LEDs die putting the old lights back into service would be cheaper than buying new LEDs......even factoring in the higher energy use.

I just had a thought. Maybe the electricians doing to rewire on my house know where to take them for recycling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter