Olaf at the Frozen Meet & Greet?

Shanti

Momketeer
How often does Olaf show up at the Frozen meet and greet? I'm a Frozen fan, and my son isn't a big fan, but he likes Olaf. I'd kind of like to get another Frozen picture because the ones we got at WDW a few years ago were disappointing (it was late EMH and the princesses seemed a bit tired).

My son doesn't hate Frozen, but being a boy, he isn't into princesses. My little nieces love Frozen and I'd like to get a nice pic of me, their cousin & their grandma with the Frozen characters for them. It's not a must-do, though, and I don't want to bore my son too much- just want everyone happy. I know Olaf being there would be a highlight for him. (We've never lucked into meeting him on Castaway Cay).

What are your experiences with Olaf being there or not at the Meet and Greet? We're sailing on the Dream next month, btw. Would we be the only family there with a boy?

Olaf has always been there when my family has cruised, but I've only sailed on Magic and Wonder. Your son would certainly not be the only boy, there were plenty of boys, girls, and parties with adults only meeting the Frozen characters in my experience.

How often does Olaf show up at the Frozen meet and greet? I'm a Frozen fan, and my son isn't a big fan, but he likes Olaf. I'd kind of like to get another Frozen picture because the ones we got at WDW a few years ago were disappointing (it was late EMH and the princesses seemed a bit tired).

My son doesn't hate Frozen, but being a boy, he isn't into princesses. My little nieces love Frozen and I'd like to get a nice pic of me, their cousin & their grandma with the Frozen characters for them. It's not a must-do, though, and I don't want to bore my son too much- just want everyone happy. I know Olaf being there would be a highlight for him. (We've never lucked into meeting him on Castaway Cay).

What are your experiences with Olaf being there or not at the Meet and Greet? We're sailing on the Dream next month, btw. Would we be the only family there with a boy?

He isn’t into princesses? Give him a few years and he will be.

Last edited:
No Olaf on the Fantasy on our January cruise earlier this year, didn't see him on CC either.

He isn’t into princesses? Give him a few years and he will be.
Ha ha. He definitely isn't there yet. It was funny when he met the wicked stepsisters at WDW & they fawned over him (to his mock horror and my delight). He told me that one of them said, "Don't get distracted by Cinderellas." But he still isn't really distractible yet...

None of our Dream cruises we have seen Olaf at the meet and greet, nor on CC. My son isn't into princesses either, but luckily he loves having pictures and autographs with any character!!

September 2016 Dream and April 2017 Wonder didn’t see Olaf at ticked meet or castaway

September 2016 Dream cruise (last one before HOTHS started) we had NO Olaf at the meet and greet, but we did have him on CC. We had just finished the slowest 5K ever (last two over the line) and the CM doing medals told us to stay right there and that Olaf would be out in just a minute. And he was. We got in first, and not many people around, as they were on the beach and he was not :) Great times!

September 2016 Dream cruise (last one before HOTHS started) we had NO Olaf at the meet and greet, but we did have him on CC. We had just finished the slowest 5K ever (last two over the line) and the CM doing medals told us to stay right there and that Olaf would be out in just a minute. And he was. We got in first, and not many people around, as they were on the beach and he was not :) Great times!
We saw him from the tram on CC, but he was walking inside as we rode by. I wish they'd put him on a schedule so we could meet him.

We saw him from the tram on CC, but he was walking inside as we rode by. I wish they'd put him on a schedule so we could meet him.

Yes, he was unscheduled for us too. It was only because we took so long doing the 5K that we happened to be in the right place at the right time. Although we saw him, got photos and moved away, no one made a big thing about it, and he didn't stay for that long either! A scheduled meet however might result in crazy amounts of people. Plus, the surprise characters are part of the magic!

Well, it's magical if you're one of the few people it happens to...It isn't so magical to have the view of his back walking away be the only glimpse you ever catch of him.
That is true. But in the whole Disney universe, there are other scheduled places to see him, just not on a cruise perhaps. However, as you now know he does make occasional appearances, perhaps you can ask a CM to sprinkle a little magic your way with details? The 5K CMs seem to know a lot ;)

Really? Where?

I think we saw him at Hollywood Studios? I remember having to queue for a long time and go inside a big building. It was also a while ago now :confused3

EDIT: Just double checked it was last year. So, had a look on MDE, and he is listed as today, down at Echo Lake, in the Studios. So he is still around!

We had Olaf the last three times we've cruised: in October 2015 on the Magic, in August 2016 on the Wonder and in March 2017 on the Magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter