OKW

Kip Herner

Mouseketeer
My wife and I are starting to plan a trip down to Disney next Feb. for the Princess Half Marathon. We would be at the resort for 4 days and we are only going to get park tickets for two days, as the Half Marathon is the main reason we are going down. I am thinking about renting points for a Deluxe Studio at OKW. I have never seen this resort and I am wondering how it is for relaxing at the resort. We will have our 12 yo Daughter and the MIL.

You can see below all the places I have stayed and OKW is undoubtedly the most relaxing for us of any of them. Also, if you are going to stay in a Studio, OKW is the only one you would be assured of two queen beds. We return there in just over 6 weeks and look forward to seeing the new updated rooms. We do a two bedroom Villa and have use of the kitchen, laundry and have a party of 6. Love the resort. the boat to DS is also relaxing. As many have said, OKW has it's own vibe. Just oozes comfort. Good luck on the planning.

Also, don't know if the daughter will share a bed with her grandma, but there is definitely room for a blow up twin if she needs it.

We have stayed at many of the resorts and I never really wanted to try OKW. It looked fine but not super inspiring to me. Two years ago we spent 3 nights in a studio there and I loved it. It was quiet and beautiful and the room felt bigger because of the layout. There were lots of windows for natural light. We had a view of the fairway.
That being said we were not near a pool though we could walk to the main one which wasn't super far. We disliked Good Food to go for fast breakfast, I would go back to OKW anytime.

OKW is having a complete refurb of all the rooms and it finishes in April...so you should have a nice new room! There are some videos on you tube and there are a few that show the recent updates....Also you can take a boat to Disney Springs from OKW...

OKW is having a complete refurb of all the rooms and it finishes in April...so you should have a nice new room! There are some videos on you tube and there are a few that show the recent updates....Also you can take a boat to Disney Springs from OKW...
Thank you. I think we have decided to go for OKW. It looks like it will be a nice relaxing resort.

Most of the buildings do not have an elevator and you'll need to take the steps. For RunDisney events, the bus to the start doesn't go around the resort to pick you up. You'll have to walk to the Hospitality House to catch the bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter