OKW without Car - Best location?

mom2alix

<font color=teal>I know he is always on my side<br
I think we're going to try OKW for our next trip. The kids will be 12 and 9, so I think that full queen bed in the studio will give them more space. We fly, so no car. Are we better off booking HH or a different location request? I would also like to be close to a laundry since we're planning on a studio and we'll be there for 2 weeks. I don't mind walking a little bit to get to a bus stop, but I don't want to have to haul laundry any further than I have to. :laundy: Is OKW a bad choice if we don't have a car?

Any veteran OKW folks out there with suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Definitely request HH area, there is a laundry located near the main pool which is not too far of a walk from any of the HH area buildings, particularly buildings 11-14 with 11 being the closest to the laundry.

OKW is probably one of the best resorts if you have a car, but that does not mean it is a problem if you don't have one. You just don't get to take advantage of parking right outside your room.

Definitely request near HH. This puts you near the main pool and restaurant, but more importantly near the boat dock and the last bus stop before the bus heads out to the parks. I can't remember the building we were in, but it was right next to the first bus stop when returning from the parks. This was just perfect. When leaving, we caught the bus at HH and when returning we got off at the first stop. We never had to ride the bus for even one extra stop inside the resort.

So yes, definitely near HH. I would say this whether you have a car or not, but definitely if you do not.

I think if you request HH and tell them you need to be near a laundry since you do not have a car, even if you don't get HH, they will accommodate your needs to be near the laundry for sure. There are others located near Miller's Rd, Turtle Pond and South Point - all areas have quiet pools there too with a snack shack in the Turtle Pond location.

Last month we were in bldg 24 in the HH category. I did laundry at the main pool in the afternoon/evening while my kids swam. The walk wasn't bad. I would suggest to bring a pop up hamper for the ease of carrying laundry though.

Thanks! It looks like I should definitely reserve the HH category. I will definitely bring the pop up hamper. We did a non-DVC stay at POFQ (which was fun), but I hated how far I had to lug the laundry. I really wanted a one-bedroom with the washer dryer, but the family voted for 2 weeks in a studio vs. 1 week in a 1 bedroom. At least with the extra time we should really get to enjoy the resort amenities and we'll probably hang out more at DTD.

There is a laundry room at each of the pools. And the rest seem larger than the one at the HH. You'd have no problem at all staying in any of the areas. Laundry for OKW is much easier than POFQ.

Actually Miller's Road near the bus stop and near the pool would probably be the best choice.

I recently returned from a studio visit without a car, I hadn't stayed in the HH area for many years. I booked near HH, and was placed in bldg 23. It was a great location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter