OKW with toddler in January - activities?

lorenni

DIS Veteran
I had exactly 23 points to use so my son and I are doing a quick 2 night mommy and me trip to OKW in January. I booked a HH studio and we won't have a car. I will have an AP and he's still free for parks so we'll definitely do a day and a half of parks.

I've not yet been to any DVC resorts. Will they have activities for toddlers at the community hall? I've read about a sand play area - will that be open even if its too cold for the pool. Any suggestions for activities are welcome.

Since its just me lugging everything I am planning to request a first floor room. Anything else I need to think of in advance?

Thanks!

I had exactly 23 points to use so my son and I are doing a quick 2 night mommy and me trip to OKW in January. I booked a HH studio and we won't have a car. I will have an AP and he's still free for parks so we'll definitely do a day and a half of parks.

I've not yet been to any DVC resorts. Will they have activities for toddlers at the community hall? I've read about a sand play area - will that be open even if its too cold for the pool. Any suggestions for activities are welcome.

Since its just me lugging everything I am planning to request a first floor room. Anything else I need to think of in advance?

Thanks!

I could be wrong, but I don't remember any toddler activities at the Community Hall at OKW. Most are for pre-teens and teens and families.

The pool is pretty much always open, so the beach area is always available.

You might want to take a boat ride to DTD from OKW.

Hmm...from the website it sounded like all the community halls have coloring, puzzles, kids books and stuff like that. Is that not the case? Or is the OKW community hall just geared towards older kids? How about movies? Will I be able to check out G rates disney animated films?

Hmm...from the website it sounded like all the community halls have coloring, puzzles, kids books and stuff like that. Is that not the case? Or is the OKW community hall just geared towards older kids? How about movies? Will I be able to check out G rates disney animated films?

Yes, there is coloring and crayons at all the Community Halls. But that's about it for the littlest kids. The more structured activities are for older kids and adults (things like making bracelets, painting ceramics, etc.). We've never borrowed movies but I think it's a safe bet they they would have G rated movies.

We did a long weekend last January at OKW with our 7, 4 and 18mo old. There were crafts for the big kids but the baby had a great time coloring at the CH (big roll paper and all kinds of crayons/markers). She also loved digging in the sand near the pool while the big kids swam. DTD was a lot of fun for her also, we took the boat over and she enjoyed playing Legos and seeing all the activity going on there.
I should also mention her favorite ride of the trip. The BUS. We attempted to put her in the car to go to the MK after taking the bus the day before. She had an absolute fit until we walked across the street to the Bus stop where she happily waited, boarded and sang the whole ride. On the way back she loved waving bye to all those getting off and when it was our turn she said BYE to all still on as we left. We will always remember that as the trip that K discovered 'the bus ride' :thumbsup2
I think you will have a great trip, take it at baby's pace and you will both have a blast!!!

Thanks - that's good to hear. We'll definitely hit up DTD. Does anyone know if the toy store still has the big potato head bins where you can pick your pieces?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter