• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW & VWL split stay

DisneyGal24

Always dreaming of Disney! DVC—SSR & AKL
My kids (DD7, DS4) are pumped about OKW & VWL. Tell me about the water slide at both. They've seen pictures. How do they compare to BLT? AKL Kidani and Jambo? Also, where can I find the laundry room at VWL? Thanks!

I'd like to hear from anybody with kids who has stayed at either OKW and VWL/WL. What did your kids think of the water slides? Lame, so-so, or awesome?

OKW laundry room is next to the pools. vwl laundry room is on the first floor behind the elevators. OKW pool is sandcastle with Mickey on that melting. WL pool is a steam down the mountain side (or that is what it is surpose to be) VWL pool is just a pool w/bubbles here are pictures okw http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/showgallery.php/cat/908 wl/vwl http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/showgallery.php/cat/1551 http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/showgallery.php/cat/1176/page/2

Thanks for the pics! Any certain area I should request at VWL? I was thinking first floor due to the proximity to laundry.

Thanks for the pics! Any certain area I should request at VWL? I was thinking first floor due to the proximity to laundry.

VWL is so small that location isnt a big issue. All rooms are fairly close to elevators, which are close to laundry. I would ask for close to elevator.

I'd like to hear from anybody with kids who has stayed at either OKW and VWL/WL. What did your kids think of the water slides? Lame, so-so, or awesome?

I'm not a kid, but I am a waterslide aficionado LOL. I haven't been on the VWL slide, but I have been on the OKW one. It's not as good as the Keester Coaster at BWV of course, but it is a nice slide. Not disappointingly short and curve-free, but not very long, either.

My kids love both resorts. The waters slide is better at OKW in their opinion. They love the main pool at OKW because there is ping pong, basketball and tennis right there. They also loved VWL, but actually preferred the quiet pool by the villas. It was empty and they loved having it to themselves.

you can - but generally they save the first floor for the elderly.

would request lake side (expect for the first floor) - the bad views are on the woods side toward the road. there is the bus stop and service building on that side.

the first floor is low enough that there does not seem to be any bad views.

I'm not a kid, but I am a waterslide aficionado LOL. I haven't been on the VWL slide, but I have been on the OKW one. It's not as good as the Keester Coaster at BWV of course, but it is a nice slide. Not disappointingly short and curve-free, but not very long, either.

Good to hear. The kids will be thrilled!

you can - but generally they save the first floor for the elderly. would request lake side (expect for the first floor) - the bad views are on the woods side toward the road. there is the bus stop and service building on that side. the first floor is low enough that there does not seem to be any bad views.

Thanks spiceycat! You've been right before. Helped me out with out BLT request last June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter