OKW vs SSR

But can you order food from Olivia’s at your neighbors bar? I agree it is too small, as well as Goods To Go. It needs to be bigger with more options and indoors. I don’t see any spot where they can do this tho.
But can you order food from Olivia’s at your neighbors bar? I agree it is too small, as well as Goods To Go. It needs to be bigger with more options and indoors. I don’t see any spot where they can do this tho.
Not for nothing, I might be in the minority when saying this, but I usually don't ever see anyone on the basketball/tennis courts. Perhaps this could be a small expansion of sorts? :confused3

I happen to like Gurgling Suitcase's vibe at OKW much more than the "lounge" at SSR's Turf Club. However, now that I'm sober that's no longer very important. ;-)

I happen to like Gurgling Suitcase's vibe at OKW much more than the "lounge" at SSR's Turf Club. However, now that I'm sober that's no longer very important. ;-)
TBH,@ SSR there really isn't any vibe or bodies for that matter that congregate there. At least every time that I've see.
I too like the vibe and look of it @ OKW, but honestly if it were just maybe twice the size, nothing too huge, then maybe I'd be able to grab a seat..LoL :teeth: BTW. Congrats on being SOBER:thumbsup2

We usually go to GS order and take it to the pool and relax. Then go back for another round. Then it’s time to get ready for the parks. We are not early risers.

We usually go to GS order and take it to the pool and relax.
Once upon a time, it was also possible to take your tasty beverage with you on the boat to what was then Downtown Disney. I don't know if that's still okay or not, but I bet it is...

Like most things in life, it is a matter of preference and the kinds of things you like. I vote for OKW, larger rooms, décor, laid back atmosphere, pool, close parking to front door. SSR seems like a huge condo complex in anywhere USA to me.

Love OKW, it’s our “home”. The vibe is unique. It’s hard to put into words but, once you stay there, you’ll get it. Newer resorts are beautiful too but, OKW has some of the prettiest woodwork and details IMO. I never thought we would ever stay off the monorail until OKW. It has been nine years now since our last monorail resort. True it lacks a bit in counter service but, it was designed to be a place families stay for extended times and utilize their villa amenities like the enormous kitchen. Did I mention full, huge laundry room? Love that added bonus! As for Good’s, the burgers are really good and it little less pricey than others. Biscuits & gravy are also popular. It might not be big but, it has some good options for a quick bite. I advise everyone to try every resort you can to see which suits you best.

Neither is my ‘home’ resort, but I’ve stayed at both. I wouldn’t hesitate to stay at either. I love Olivia’s and the room sizes at OKW. I stayed in a 2br refurbed in Congress Park this past February and loved the walk to Disney Springs. The quick serve was better here than at OKW. if I can’t get my home resort, these are my next picks in line

We love Saratoga, it is our home resort. It is a ride to the park, but not a crazy long ride. It is quiet, has great pools, and walking distance to Disney Springs. We love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter