OKW vs AKL 2br villas

rickers353

Mouseketeer
Well, we've decided to try the rent points for a trip next Fall. It will be my wife and I,two teenage sons, my mother in-law and nephew. I was wondering which one people prefer, AKL or OKW?
We need a 2br villa,(unless there are other resorts that can sleep 6).

Also, my mother in-law is older and will need a scooter, so we would need a ground floor unit.

We've seen pics of both places and are equally interested in either, any suggestions?

Thanks

Well, we've decided to try the rent points for a trip next Fall. It will be my wife and I,two teenage sons, my mother in-law and nephew. I was wondering which one people prefer, AKL or OKW?
We need a 2br villa,(unless there are other resorts that can sleep 6).

Also, my mother in-law is older and will need a scooter, so we would need a ground floor unit.

We've seen pics of both places and are equally interested in either, any suggestions?

Thanks

OKW will give you the most room. AKV-Kidani Village will have a two bedroom villa with an extra bathroom if that helps. It officially sleeps nine. BLT also has the extra bathroom and sleeps nine.

all dvc resorts (except OKW) has elevators.

okw only have elevators in building 62-64

okw has the most space.

where has the extra bathroom - so instead of 2 (okw) - you will get 3 akv

that say with a bathroom for the boys and one for the girls already - think you are fine at OKW.

of course since one of the those bathrooms is in the master - maybe you do need the extra bathroom.

OKW has more bottom floor villas than the others - that say don't ask for first floor villa unless you will take a hc room.

OP, just wanted to suggest that you rent a 2 bedroom dedicated, not lock off, if you choose Kidani. All OKW 2 bedrooms have 2 queen beds in the 2nd bedroom but at Kidani you will get a sleeper sofa and a bed in the 2nd bedroom if you rent a 2 bedroom lock off. With your group I do think that the extra bathroom would be helpful so a 2 bedroom dedicated at Kidani would be a good choice.

As much as I love OKW, I would recommend my 2nd favorite resort, AKV Kidani area! With the scooter she can take the elevator and navigate the longish hallways. The Kidani 2br has that 3rd bathroom which we love and a huge shower and tub in the master! That combined with the animals, makes for a great trip!

Preference would be Kidani 2BR dedicated savanna view, request close to lobby and tell them reason: excellent resort, very nice rooms with the extra bathroom and the dedicated has one long balcony across the unit. Note, there are no ground floor rooms for AKV; all rooms start on the second floor at Kidani and at Jambo all the DVC rooms are on the 5th and 6th floors.

I would go with AKV also for the extra bathroom. It would probably be very nice for her to have her own bathroom and to be able to keep her things in there, and the boys can have through own to share.

Deb & Bill said:
When you say, next fall, you mean Fall 2014, right?

Yes, it will be sometime in September, 2014. We are just trying to get all our Donalds in a row. When we get ready to book we will know what to ask for.

Everyone has been great with the information so far.

I would go with 2 bedroom at Kidani as well. 3 bathrooms goes along way with that many people in the room. I can tell you the OKW rooms maybe large. But Kidani village in general is much more Handicap accessible.

Tough choice, since with OKW you will get a LOT of extra space (don't worry about needing access for the scooter as long as you tell them you need that), but at AKV you will have the extra bathroom, and there will be less space for parking the scooter. One of the issues you will have in either place is who sleeps where.

Just wanted to mention that if DMIL only needs the scooter for long distances like in the park and doesn't need any handicap facilities in the room, I would suggest requesting a non-HA room at Kidani. There is no island in the kitchen of the HA room and the table only seats 4, so if you're planning on eating in the room at all, you'll want the island. There will still be plenty of space to bring the scooter in the room to plug in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter