OKW Transportation

pfeifer1990

Mouseketeer
Please move if this should be posted elsewhere. We are considering renting DVC points for an upcoming May WDW vacation. We would be staying at Old Key West. How is the bus transporation to and from the parks compared to Pop or French Quarter (I know it's not open yet).

Just stayed there, and happened to be in a studio about as close to hospitality house as you can get! We used the buses once or twice (ubered other times) and we found that the bus back from a park was the longest...there are several stops at OKW, and it was a bit of a ride once we were inside the resort! We only had a 2 night stay, so didn't do much bus riding. Having stayed at FQ before (admittedly it's been a long time) there is a much longer internal bus ride.
Hopefully someone with better knowledge of the resort can chime in on what the best situated area or bus stop would be best to aim for staying at.

We now have our preferred spot at OKW, it is in the building where the first stop and last stop are both about the same distance away. Makes it really nice to hop on the bus at the last stop when leaving the resort and get off at the first stop when coming back. I believe it was building 72 without going and looking at the map.

We've stayed at OKW many times. We always have problems with the buses, but we aren't a fan of using the buses anyway. We find Uber/Lyft to be much more efficient.

We've stayed at OKW many times. We always have problems with the buses, but we aren't a fan of using the buses anyway. We find Uber/Lyft to be much more efficient.

I must admit, we find ourselves using Uber more and more each trip. It's just so darn...convenient, easy & quick.

Stayed at SSR in December and used taxi's more than buses - does OKW allow taxi pick up at the internal bus stops?

We are debating between here and SSR. We stayed there in October and I haven’t stayed here since 2009. I am leaning SSR because of walkability to DS because I wasn’t sure if that was possible from OKW. Does anyone know if walking is a possibility from here?

We are debating between here and SSR. We stayed there in October and I haven’t stayed here since 2009. I am leaning SSR because of walkability to DS because I wasn’t sure if that was possible from OKW. Does anyone know if walking is a possibility from here?
There is about a 1-mile path along the canal between OKW & DS. It runs along the shore opposite OKW, ending near HoB at DS. But I don't know whether it's currently open.

IIRC, although it was lighted, signs indicated that it closed at dusk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter