OKW Special Offer Details

Agreed. I'm talking about fully loaded contracts going for a song. You could rent out those double points and then have a 250 point 2042 contract effectively for $38 from 2025.

Remember, he’s a never-direct converted to direct-snob after landing a blue card. What a difference 14 months makes.

I agree with ya, CVG. $140 delta ain’t worth +15 years on a contract. Plus the rental point you made. No brainer.

Yeah… but how stripped are those contracts…..
Anyone have an extra 65000.00 laying around? I know I don't ,and then there's the MF another 8000. conservatively. Naw but I'd be comfortable picking up a 2042 OKW with about 100 points for 90./pp We just need more points for the GV's every once in a while.

Anyone have an extra 65000.00 laying around? I know I don't ,and then there's the MF another 8000. conservatively. Naw but I'd be comfortable picking up a 2042 OKW with about 100 points for 90./pp We just need more points for the GV's every once in a while.
Hahaha, no joke. Hmmmm…overpay $140pp above resale for only +15 years? 😂🤣

Seems like you got the right idea. And I can see OKW upper $60s/low $70s right now.

Oh but there’s Direct for 3x 😂

You can also be resale extended contracts. I’m not sure where the $65k comment comes from. But enjoy the points and the GV.

Last edited:

Yes, 2042 is nearby, it's also a long time away...

I am more in the buy 2042 OKW points camp and deal with the restrictions over the 2057 with so many unknowns - most especially how easily it will be to trade after 2042. You're paying a lot extra for those later 15 years.

Yes, 2042 is nearby, it's also a long time away...

I am more in the buy 2042 OKW points camp and deal with the restrictions over the 2057 with so many unknowns - most especially how easily it will be to trade after 2042. You're paying a lot extra for those later 15 years.
I just did a quick glance and it looks like it’s about $20pp ish for those extra 15 years. You break even if you rent the points out for 2-years at some point between now and expiration.

Value here probably comes down a lot to demographics and how important the ability to exit the contract is.

One is guaranteed to be worth $0 in 17 years… the extended will probably decline gradually to $50-60pp in today’s dollars over that period of time.

Given that all of the other 2042 resorts will have their point charts reset, it will probably make OKW an even greater value for people in 2042+ than it is today.

But none of that matters if you are of the age where you don’t think you’ll be traveling to WDW in 17 years and don’t care about the ability to sell it…. or just want to pay the lowest out of pocket upfront.

To each their own.

You can also buy Direct for $14,000 more on those 100 points and receive complimentary popcorn and Cheez-its at the Epcot lounge.*

*All benefits are and will be subject to change inevitably.

I haven’t punched the time value of 8 years of free Cheez-its into any Excel sensitivity analysis.

I did contact a rep to find out if I could get the in person $1000 discount on a 25 pt okw contract. He said the minimum was 150 points to get the discount. Also even though I had a rep in September tell me as a cdn I could get the rental of the first year of points, they said i cannot. So no new direct points for us.

I just did a quick glance and it looks like it’s about $20pp ish for those extra 15 years. You break even if you rent the points out for 2-years at some point between now and expiration.

Value here probably comes down a lot to demographics and how important the ability to exit the contract is.

One is guaranteed to be worth $0 in 17 years… the extended will probably decline gradually to $50-60pp in today’s dollars over that period of time.

Given that all of the other 2042 resorts will have their point charts reset, it will probably make OKW an even greater value for people in 2042+ than it is today.

But none of that matters if you are of the age where you don’t think you’ll be traveling to WDW in 17 years and don’t care about the ability to sell it…. or just want to pay the lowest out of pocket upfront.

To each their own.
I agree with you that they’re different products. But I think a lot of people don’t have infinite resources to trade up even if they’d prefer to.

If I have saved $12,000 to spend on a DVC contract should I buy 165 points to use for the next 17 years or should I buy 60 points to use for the next 32 years? I am guessing most people would prefer the former. Hopefully 18 years from now I’ve saved up some money again.

YM, of course, MV.

I agree with you that they’re different products. But I think a lot of people don’t have infinite resources to trade up even if they’d prefer to.

If I have saved $12,000 to spend on a DVC contract should I buy 165 points to use for the next 17 years or should I buy 60 points to use for the next 32 years? I am guessing most people would prefer the former. Hopefully 18 years from now I’ve saved up some money again.

YM, of course, MV.
I suppose I was looking at it as $98 for OKWe vs $78 for OKW….

So for $12k you could either buy 150ish points OKW or 125ish points OKWe. However, someone could buy a 150 point contract OKWe and put the remaining $2450 on a 0% CC and pay it off over 21m. So for $117 a month for 21m they get a contract that is nearly twice as valuable….

But you are absolutely correct, many people will not want to do that.

I did contact a rep to find out if I could get the in person $1000 discount on a 25 pt okw contract. He said the minimum was 150 points to get the discount. Also even though I had a rep in September tell me as a cdn I could get the rental of the first year of points, they said i cannot. So no new direct points for us.
Thanks for checking on this for us.

I was planning to add on a SSR 25 pointer as they are the same price and I could then use it at 7 months for the restricted resorts.

I guess it’s back to stalking sites for that rare 25 pointer in my use year.

You don't have to be on site to purchase. It's saying if you already have a trip booked (whether you are on that trip when purchasing OR if you have a future trip booked). It does not need to be a cash trip.
Is this for SSR too or just OKW? We have a trip coming up on March 2nd. So if we added on with OKW points, we would get 1000 off and then on top of that you get a further discount if you give up current year's points?

Time horizon matters here as well. While the 2042 will definitely cost a lot less out of pocket, the value will slowly go to $0 over the next 17 years.

Whereas the 2057 contracts could still be sold or rented out for an additional 15 years.
By 2042 I'll be 88 and my DW will 83. The Grandprincesses will be 23 and 21.That's more than the end of the line for us.

Is this for SSR too or just OKW? We have a trip coming up on March 2nd. So if we added on with OKW points, we would get 1000 off and then on top of that you get a further discount if you give up current year's points?
It sounds like it is just OKW and that you had to buy 150.

With that being the case even with dues it is cheaper to buy a small VB resale to use at 7 months than the 25 direct SSR that I wanted.

By 2042 I'll be 88 and my DW will 83. The Grandprincesses will be 23 and 21.That's more than the end of the line for us.
LOL Then in your case I would get the cheapest 2042 possible.

For others who read this thread in the future, it’s probably worth it to consider the extended listings and see what fits their situation instead of only sorting by price per point.

LOL Then in your case I would get the cheapest 2042 possible.

For others who read this thread in the future, it’s probably worth it to consider the extended listings and see what fits their situation instead of only sorting by price per point.
And that's exactly what I just did. 50points @ 80/PP added on to our 240 OKW points means GV 's every other year with the full family and some trips with DW and I.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter