OKW Special Offer Details

vdangelo239

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone,
Does anyone have details from their DVC Guide on the new Old Key West special offering being made available? Saw it on the Add On Tool. Happy to ask my guide if no one knows, but figured I'd start here. If no one does now I will ask and share back. Starts at $205 per point with the 2057 expiration and then it says Special Offer.

Developers Credit which varies based on the number of points purchased.

https://www.dvcnews.com/dvc-program...purchase-prices-inch-higher-via-rate-increase
Any insight on this if I just wanted 25 more points?

“DVC's Welcome Home offer remains available, reducing the total by a flat $1000 regardless of the number of points purchased if the buyer has a current or future Disney trip scheduled. Buyers can also forfeit their first year's points in exchange for a one-time $20pp discount under the Magical Beginnings program.”

If this applies to small contracts I could pick up a 25 point SSR for $3,625. That would be about $4.83 a point plus dues and would be less than buying OTUP every year.

Edit: That is based on 30 years giving up 2023 points (use year is later in the year)

Last edited:

Wait, is that $1000 only available if you book onsite? And does the trip need to be a cash trip?

Wait, is that $1000 only available if you book onsite? And does the trip need to be a cash trip?
You don't have to be on site to purchase. It's saying if you already have a trip booked (whether you are on that trip when purchasing OR if you have a future trip booked). It does not need to be a cash trip.

You don't have to be on site to purchase. It's saying if you already have a trip booked (whether you are on that trip when purchasing OR if you have a future trip booked). It does not need to be a cash trip.
Thanks I was not sure. That was a quote from the article from dvcnews.com @tjkraz

I mean $4K for 25 direct points is amazing.... let us know if you get further in the discussion

This is from the link @erionm posted above:

DVC is offering modest credits on one sold-out destination: Disney's Old Key West Resort. The base price is $205 per point, with the discounts listed below applying for ownership which runs through January 31, 2057.

Disney's Old Key West Resort
New Buyer
Discount
Current Member
Discount
25 - 99 pointsn/a $0
100 - 124 points$0$2
125 - 149 points$0$3
150 - 199 points$4$7
200 - 249 points $6$9
250 - 299 points$7$10
300 - 499 points$8$11
500 - 999 points$9$12
1000+ points$10$13

DVC's Welcome Home offer remains available, reducing the total by a flat $1000 regardless of the number of points purchased if the buyer has a current or future Disney trip scheduled. Buyers can also forfeit their first year's points in exchange for a one-time $20pp discount under the Magical Beginnings program.

So I guess 25 points at $205, minus the Welcome Home offer, would be around $4000.
And for 150 points and the blue card benefits - ok I did the math for 200 points because it's easier:
$9 pp off if a current resale member + $5pp (1000 welcome home) + $20 pp if you buy a March or later UY = 205 - 34 = $171 pp (but still $34,200). But if you even got OKW-E at $100 pp resale, especially if loaded, are blue card benefits and new resorts worth an extra $14,000?

Let's not forget last summer while everyone was buying VGF for ~$161 after MB, OKW was also on offer for ~$151 after MB.

Maybe if there was a $130/pt fire sale like Aulani a few years back I'd consider a direct OKW, but when the newest offering is CFW, I have no problem sticking with OKW resale and the L/O14. Already a proud OKW owner.

Yeah… but how stripped are those contracts…..
Some are but not all. There is an Apr UY double pointer (points banked from 2023) for $70. I feel that I'd be mad to be paying $200 direct.

I cannot show the link due to house rules and filters.

Just to point out as well,,,,these extra offers,,,MB and WH are only for USA buyers....us international,,even Canada,,,,no go

Some are but not all. There is an Apr UY double pointer (points banked from 2023) for $70. I feel that I'd be mad to be paying $200 direct.

I cannot show the link due to house rules and filters.
Right, I’m not saying that resale isn’t the right way to go…. but to me it does not makes sense to compare large stripped 2042 resale contracts to customizable double loaded 2057 direct contracts that will also have access to restricted resorts (especially the EPCOT resorts post 2042) by just quoting the price per point of the former.

Right, I’m not saying that resale isn’t the right way to go…. but to me it does not makes sense to compare large stripped 2042 resale contracts to customizable double loaded 2057 direct contracts that will also have access to restricted resorts (especially the EPCOT resorts post 2042) by just quoting the price per point of the former.
Agreed. I'm talking about fully loaded contracts going for a song. You could rent out those double points and then have a 250 point 2042 contract effectively for $38 from 2025.

Agreed. I'm talking about fully loaded contracts going for a song. You could rent out those double points and then have a 250 point 2042 contract effectively for $38 from 2025.

Time horizon matters here as well. While the 2042 will definitely cost a lot less out of pocket, the value will slowly go to $0 over the next 17 years.

Whereas the 2057 contracts could still be sold or rented out for an additional 15 years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter