OKW quick service breakfast

Paula Sedley-Burke

Proud to believe in Rainbows and Unicorns...
Hi. We wanted to stay at OKW next May. We have visited from SSR ( home resort ) and liked it. But we noticed the quick service for breakfast and snacks is outside and it doesn't appear to have a quick service food court? Does it do toast etc in the morning? cereal and milk? Boxes of fruit like melon? I didn't see a toaster like at SSR. We don't really want table service in the morning just cereal and toast waffles fruit etc. is it an issue when it's raining? This is the only disappointing thing we noticed. We use the quick service food court a lot.

Hi. We wanted to stay at OKW next May. We have visited from SSR ( home resort ) and liked it. But we noticed the quick service for breakfast and snacks is outside and it doesn't appear to have a quick service food court? Does it do toast etc in the morning? cereal and milk? Boxes of fruit like melon? I didn't see a toaster like at SSR. We don't really want table service in the morning just cereal and toast waffles fruit etc. is it an issue when it's raining? This is the only disappointing thing we noticed. We use the quick service food court a lot.

Here's the menu:

http://allears.net/menu/menu_gtgb.htm

If it's raining, you would have to take it back to your room. I don't think there's a big demand for breakfast at OKW, most people buy groceries and eat in their room. All rooms have toasters.

We have never bought breakfast in the 11 years we've been staying at DVC resorts - either I buy groceries for the week outside the resort, or if you just want breakfast items, you can get them at the gift shop - they sell loaves of bread and milk and cereal:goodvibes Or you could use one of the delivery services like wegoshop to just get breakfast items and snacks - I have even been known to pack just breakfast/snack items if we are in a studio to avoid having to pay too much - loaf of bread and box of cereal survived in my carryon, packed a small jar of peanut butter and cereal bars in my checked luggage (yes I'm thrifty, lol) - I also pack my own tea bags and a large mug and just microwave my water every morning - we hate leaving the room before we eat, just like to lounge in my jammies and enjoy my breakfast before heading out for the day.:thumbsup2

I've stayed at OKW in a studio before while on the regular dining plan. As you noticed, their QS meals for breakfast are pretty limited because they don't have a full kitchen. I usually got the scramble egg platter that had potatoes, meat, and biscuit. It was enough to fill me up for a couple of hours. I always walked over and then took my food back to my room to eat. As OP's have said, take a look at the menu to see if they have anything you would want to eat. If not, you could always buy your breakfast items in the OKW store or get a grocery store to deliver a few items.

We have never bought breakfast in the 11 years we've been staying at DVC resorts - either I buy groceries for the week outside the resort, or if you just want breakfast items, you can get them at the gift shop - they sell loaves of bread and milk and cereal:goodvibes Or you could use one of the delivery services like wegoshop to just get breakfast items and snacks - I have even been known to pack just breakfast/snack items if we are in a studio to avoid having to pay too much - loaf of bread and box of cereal survived in my carryon, packed a small jar of peanut butter and cereal bars in my checked luggage (yes I'm thrifty, lol) - I also pack my own tea bags and a large mug and just microwave my water every morning - we hate leaving the room before we eat, just like to lounge in my jammies and enjoy my breakfast before heading out for the day.:thumbsup2
thanks for your reply. We usually have cereal in our room early but love to treat ourselves to waffles etc later before heading out to the parks! But we will just get snack items instead!

I've stayed at OKW in a studio before while on the regular dining plan. As you noticed, their QS meals for breakfast are pretty limited because they don't have a full kitchen. I usually got the scramble egg platter that had potatoes, meat, and biscuit. It was enough to fill me up for a couple of hours. I always walked over and then took my food back to my room to eat. As OP's have said, take a look at the menu to see if they have anything you would want to eat. If not, you could always buy your breakfast items in the OKW store or get a grocery store to deliver a few items.
thank you! I am very fond of Mickey waffles so was a bit disappointed they didn't have them!

Will you have a car? When staying at OKW, we have sometimes driven over to the POFQ food court to get something.

Will you have a car? When staying at OKW, we have sometimes driven over to the POFQ food court to get something.
yes we have. Our home resort is SSR and love the Artist Palette so were thinking of driving over there! But I forgot about POFQ they have a fabulous food court thanks!

thanks for your reply. We usually have cereal in our room early but love to treat ourselves to waffles etc later before heading out to the parks! But we will just get snack items instead!

You could still do waffles -I'm pretty sure they sell eggos in the gift shop, even the studios have small freezer space, and the rooms all have toasters :thumbsup2

You could still do waffles -I'm pretty sure they sell eggos in the gift shop, even the studios have small freezer space, and the rooms all have toasters :thumbsup2
thanks that is an idea but I like the Mickey ones lol and on vacation we don't mind cereal but prefer not to cook. It's not a show stopper just a nice to have! Plenty of other reasons we are choosing this resort. Like love the pool area and the boat to DTD. When we visited from SSR the cast members were so friendly it blew us away!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter