OKW Questions

mommary

DIS Veteran
Heading to OKW this Thursday and have a few questions since its my first time there.
What is the best way to get around from OKW, do they have water transportation?
Also is there a gym and would I have to pay extra to use it.
Thanks in advance for any help you all give me. :sunny:

if you mean the theme parks - then it is bus transportation.

there is a boat to DD it stops at SSR because going to DD.

Now if you have a car - I would drive to Epcot and Studios.

I take the bus to MK and AK.

Bus service from OKW to the parks is very good and much faster than driving and parking your car with one exception. That exception is Animal Kingdom. The bus to AK stops at the water park before getting to AK, so it takes significantly more time than driving yourself. Also, the bus stops are not that much closer than the parking at AK, so no significant advantage there either. As for MK, Epcot, and MGM....I prefer taking the bus directly to the entrance over parking in the lot, taking the tram, and then trying to find my car when I want to return to OKW. Disney transportation drops you right off at the entrance to those parks. There are 5 bus stops within OKW, and Hospitality House is always the last stop. That means that you can take ANY bus, and it will always get you to HH before exiting the resort. Buses are on 15-20 minute intervals during the day, with the longer intervals during the mid afternoon hours when less people are traveling.

There is a small free Gym near the main pool at HH for guests of OKW.

If you are going to AK early in the AM for park opening, use the bus. The parking lot doesn't open to cars until a few minutes before the park opens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter