OKW or YC concierge

perpetualplanner

DIS Veteran
There will be five of us (3 adults, 2 kids) staying for 8 nights. With the codes the price difference is less than $500 so - which would you choose and why?? By the way concierge GV is cheaper and the two boys are looking forward to SAB but any pool would probably do. OH - AND OKW would be a 2 bedroom villa.

I have stayed in a 2 bedroom villa at OKW twice and I've also stayed at the YC. I would definitely choose the OKW 2 bedroom villa..... No doubt. ;)

Reasons:

1. more space
2. more beds
3. more bathrooms
4. more closets
5. more privacy

:)

The rooms at YC really aren't very big. Our family of 4 felt pretty tight with the crib set up. Once you see the 2 bedroom villa at OKW you will FLIP OUT! ;) The master bedroom is probably the size of the whole room at YC... plus you'll have another bedroom, a living room, a kitchen, a laundry room, 2 bathrooms, a dining area, a huge porch with table and chairs, 3 TV's, jacuzzi.....

You can put the kids to bed at night and have the rest of the villa to yourself... you don't have to worry about waking them, you can watch TV, sit outside, cook food, fire up the jacuzzi, etc.

You won't need concierge because you'll have a full kitchen right there whenever you need a snack or drink. :)

To me it's a no brainer. ;)

Another option is a two bedroom at Beach Club Villas. As nice as OKW, though not as roomy in the living area. However, your boys could swim at SAB. Diana

If we had the option of beach club villas we'd probably take it but there's no availability. My DH is concerned about the location of OKW. He REALLY likes the convenience of the YC and I guess we're spoiled since we've always had a deluxe resort and didn't ALWAYS have to use a bus. We know the busses aren't bad but it is more inconvenient especially with a stroller and all.

Really the only thing you're close to at YC is Epcot. The boat to MGM probably takes longer than the bus from OKW to MGM. ;)

Also at OKW they have the boat to DTD.

I believe there are more rooms available for DVC members. We've rented points for our upcoming Sept. trip.:)

We LOVED OKW!!! It is very relaxing, and spacious. We drove to the parks most of the time, but when we took the bus we felt it was better service overall than BW/BC/YC service. Epcot is our favorite parks, and driving we got there in 5 minutes - I am sure someone can tell you the bus time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter