OKW lovers thread !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you walk from OKW to Epcot or MGM? Is there a ferry that goes to DTD; does one go to the BW, too? Thanks so much! We look forward to our first visit in May.party:party:

Can you walk from OKW to Epcot or MGM? Is there a ferry that goes to DTD; does one go to the BW, too? Thanks so much! We look forward to our first visit in May.party:party:
you cant walk to any of the parks. there is a ferry to dtd. to go to bw you could get a wdw bw bus at dtd to get to bw or a bus from any of the parks to bw.

How were the king beds in the HH area???

We enjoyed HHI in Sept - still very hot; no crowds and the resort was quiet and serene. The King beds were large and comfortable. Our friends also enjoyed their 2 double beds. Style of accommodations reminded me of VWL.

Has anyone shipped a box to old key west. I was going to send a box of snacks and babby food down to save money radther then buy food at the old key west store. thanks

kam0202... I meant the king beds in the hospitality house area! thank you though. so... what are the king beds like?:confused3;)

kam0202... I meant the king beds in the hospitality house area! thank you though. so... what are the king beds like?:confused3;)

We have always thought the beds were hard at OKW, but the new mattresses are quite a bit better than the old ones. I assume the units in the refurbed buildings on Peninsular Road will have the new mattresses.

We weren't at the HH, but near Turtle Pond, and I really didn't have a problem with the bed....but then again, I never have. I am amazed that so many people think they are too hard. I have a bad back, so I need the firm mattress.

Dave and I are heading for a weekend down there in May...a quick get-a-way. If we get HH area, I will let you know.

cheryl

We weren't at the HH, but near Turtle Pond, and I really didn't have a problem with the bed....but then again, I never have. I am amazed that so many people think they are too hard. I have a bad back, so I need the firm mattress.

Dave and I are heading for a weekend down there in May...a quick get-a-way. If we get HH area, I will let you know.

cheryl

Oops - sorry! :)

I hope you get in during May. We just cancelled our Memorial Day weekend trip for going down to WDW instead.

Well, I just took an offer I couldn't refuse.

I placed an offer on an OKW contract that is in bankrupcy. I doubt it will pass ROFR but if it does, I'll be adding OKW to my BWV and HHI homes.:cool1:

Good for you! Hope the deal goes through for you.

We've stayed at OKW 2x and LOVE it!!!!!!

Good for you! Hope the deal goes through for you.

We've stayed at OKW 2x and LOVE it!!!!!!

We just stayed at OKW again in March. We always love it there. I must say we stayed in one of the older rooms and it looked so worn. I was wondering if anyone has any photos of the new refurbished rooms. I would love to see them.
I was also wondering when all the units will be completed?

We just stayed at OKW again in March. We always love it there. I must say we stayed in one of the older rooms and it looked so worn. I was wondering if anyone has any photos of the new refurbished rooms. I would love to see them.
I was also wondering when all the units will be completed?
OKW is on a regular maintenance just like all other DVC's, there is no particular timeframe for completion, they just redo certain sections as need be. The decor/theme, however, does not change, just like other DVC's, the only significant change at OKW is the sleeper sofa color and style. When we were there last June they delivered new living room pillows and each room had new bedspreads, with a little more intense color than what I remembered. The rest of the villa stayed the same, it was just freshly painted. I will say that the kitchens seem to hold up better at OKW than at BWV.

We are going down in a couple weeks (15 days to be exact...but who is counting!). We havent made any requests for a specific building/room/view...any suggestions on where to find a refurbed room with a view of a golf course green?

TIA

OKW is on a regular maintenance just like all other DVC's, there is no particular timeframe for completion, they just redo certain sections as need be. The decor/theme, however, does not change, just like other DVC's, the only significant change at OKW is the sleeper sofa color and style. When we were there last June they delivered new living room pillows and each room had new bedspreads, with a little more intense color than what I remembered. The rest of the villa stayed the same, it was just freshly painted. I will say that the kitchens seem to hold up better at OKW than at BWV.

thanks for the reply!
I thought maybe they would be putting in new carpet and replacing the tile. The tile in our unit was in serious need of at least a good steam cleaning. Please, don't get me wrong.....I love OKW and will continue to stay there.....refurbished or not!!!

Oh, yes they put in new carpet and repair the tile too, it's just the same colors etc. Sorry about the misunderstanding. Like at the Boardwalk Inn when it was redone, and the decor changed, people expected that the BWV would also have a change in decor but that's not the case, the Disney DVC's keep the same decor!

hi all,

don't know if one of you kind folks could answer a question regarding OKW for us.

we have booked 5 nights at OKW then 3 nights on a Disney Cruise then we are heading back to OKW for another few nights.

The question is would we be able to leave some of our luggage at bell services for three days rather than taking it all with us on our cruise?

thanks
Sharon

Hey all, I have less then a week and i'll be down in disney. Anyone have any good tips for things to do around okw ? I have a 5 yr daughter whos loves almost anything. Thanks:banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter