• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

I had mine and my kids on mine but playing with the 50th golden statues each band needed it’s own account to “count” the statues

Thank you! We will be checking in tomorrow! So excited! If anyone has any questions for me, let me know! Any last minute tips on OKW? It’s our first time staying here!

Thank you! We will be checking in tomorrow! So excited! If anyone has any questions for me, let me know! Any last minute tips on OKW? It’s our first time staying here!
It was our first time too, we loved it! If you have time, the main pool is really fun and we had fun playing the afternoon pool games one day. Take the boat to Disney Springs, it's lovely, though it does drop you at the very far end of DS. Any bus will take you to the main building before leaving property so you don't have to walk if you don't want to. ENJOY!

Hi All!
Just booked a GV for 10/28-11/4 in a GV with kids and grandkids (7,7,4)! Our family stayed at OKW many times when my kids were younger and I love the brightness and spaciousness of the villas! Some of us are walkers/joggers, and I love that you can do that at OKW compared to AKV.
Can anyone tell me what activities the resort has for Halloween, if any?
I'm not sure we will get tickets to MNSSHP since they are not refundable and I'm thinking maybe putting the $ toward Genie+ a couple of days instead.
The last two family trips were at Kidani and I'm just hoping OKW doesn't disappoint the others since OKW was my choice over AKV for this trip.

Hi All!
Just booked a GV for 10/28-11/4 in a GV with kids and grandkids (7,7,4)! Our family stayed at OKW many times when my kids were younger and I love the brightness and spaciousness of the villas! Some of us are walkers/joggers, and I love that you can do that at OKW compared to AKV.
Can anyone tell me what activities the resort has for Halloween, if any?
I'm not sure we will get tickets to MNSSHP since they are not refundable and I'm thinking maybe putting the $ toward Genie+ a couple of days instead.
The last two family trips were at Kidani and I'm just hoping OKW doesn't disappoint the others since OKW was my choice over AKV for this trip.
I'm sure you'll love OKW! They have a lot of fun Halloween activities at the resort - here's last year's Halloween activity calendar, for reference:

PXL_20221030_181746712.jpg

Thanks so much for that!

ETA, I guess you were there last Halloween?
You're welcome! I was sort of there on Halloween - I run a website that tracks all Disney resort activities (Website Link Removed) so I was onsite collecting Halloween activity calendars for every resort that day. I didn't stick around to participate in any OKW Halloween events, just took a photo of the calendar and ran off to the next resort. We spent most of Halloween at Fort Wilderness, actually. :)

But I've been at OKW for other holidays and they always make it super fun and go all out! The Recreation Team loves to throw a party over there!

Sorry, I had to remove the link to your website, it is a nice website. But as it appears to be a commercial site, it falls under our unapproved advertising rule. - Chuck S

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome! I was sort of there on Halloween - I run a website that tracks all Disney resort activities (www.magicalresortguide.com), so I was onsite collecting Halloween activity calendars for every resort that day. I didn't stick around to participate in any OKW Halloween events, just took a photo of the calendar and ran off to the next resort. We spent most of Halloween at Fort Wilderness, actually. :)

But I've been at OKW for other holidays and they always make it super fun and go all out! The Recreation Team loves to throw a party over there!
Just signed up on your site :)

Question - for those who stay at OKW, do you tend to stay at the parks all day or is the midday break doable from this resort? I mean, will the time it takes to travel back and forth be too much to have the break from the parks?

Question - for those who stay at OKW, do you tend to stay at the parks all day or is the midday break doable from this resort? I mean, will the time it takes to travel back and forth be too much to have the break from the parks?
This is a valid question for any of the resorts that aren't physically connected to one of the parks. Actually, it applies to all of them since there aren't any resorts that are adjacent to all four parks, now that I think about it.

Generically, there are different types of people and vacation styles. Some love to do the parks from rope drop to closing. Others prefer a mid-day break. Which kind are you? Either way, being at OKW is no worse than the other resorts.

It depends upon what we have planned. I/we usually stick it out all day in the park if I want to see the fireworks. If not, theni/we break it off about 3pm go back to the room, and maybe do Disney Springs or Olivias for dinner if we're hungry. For a park day split, ECPOT would be the easiest as it is the closest park.

Last edited:
When we had little kids, we always took a midday break. OKW is easy to get to via bus. We usually have a car, making it even easier.

We tend to be midday break people and we did that a couple days when we were at OKW. I found the bus service to be pretty prompt and almost alway there or minutes away. What I found impeded us the most with breaks was actually using G+…

We tend to be midday break people and we did that a couple days when we were at OKW. I found the bus service to be pretty prompt and almost alway there or minutes away. What I found impeded us the most with breaks was actually using G+…
Thanks for telling me that experience and interesting viewpoint! We will have 1 vehicle, maybe 2, but will also use the busses. Hoping not to get G+ more than a day or two, if at all.

I have a reservation for a hospitality house studio from nov 5-9 - is there a recommended building to request for a nice balcony view?

Studios, with rare exceptions, are located on the ends of the building and don't have much of a view. The only exception is the Near HH category is bldh 14, a "U" shaped building with studios in the connecting bar of the "U". But even so these would be wooded views with some possible view of the golf course.

THe best studio views are the buidings along the Canal, 45. 46, and 55, in the South Point area

Last edited:
We actually found the opposite to be true - we headed back to OKW for a mid-day break and really took advantage of stacking G+/LL for the evening. Several nights, we had 4-5 attractions available to us in the evening. Once slight advantage we see of G+ over FP+ is you can have overlapping time windows. So we enjoyed the sun and pool, set an alarm on the phone to remind us when we could make our next LL, and enjoyed those LL passes in the evening.

Staying this month in a Standard 1 BR! Can anyone tell me what order the buses pick up/drop off from the different bus stops? I've requested building 62, so we'll be close to the HH stop, but I'll probably be going to the turtle pond pool as soon as it opens at 7am. How should I take a bus to get there?

Staying this month in a Standard 1 BR! Can anyone tell me what order the buses pick up/drop off from the different bus stops? I've requested building 62, so we'll be close to the HH stop, but I'll probably be going to the turtle pond pool as soon as it opens at 7am. How should I take a bus to get there?

The normal order for bus stops is:
  • Peninsular Road
  • South Point
  • Old Turtle Pond Road
  • Miller's Road
  • North Cove Road (Hospitality House)

The exception is the Disney Springs/Typhoon Lagoon bus which is also the "Internal Bus" and stops at hospitality FIRST and LAST.

To get to Turtle Pond stop from bulding 62, cross the bridge to Peninsular Road stop and hop on whichever bus comes along first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter