• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

HELLPPPP.....😨

Points finally appeared in my new OKW HOME resale membership account.

I know I'm within 7 mos already for May '22, but are all those weekday studios REALLY gone already?

I tried to W/L but it isn't accepting .... Is it bc it's my day of arrival? (hopefully)

I'm flexible within May & would like to stay at least 2 wks.

Also, if I want to book weekdays only (& stay off site Fri/Sat) is that then different ressies?

Anyone have advice how to at least get in the game? 😰
With the current situation, people are sitting on a lot of points. Availability is much more limited than past years. Generally OKW and SSR have good availability at 7 months but with everyone trying to use their points right now there is not much available. Probably will be like this for another year or two.

:sad1: But thx for replying.

I can wait til later in year...Much more availability but honestly, it's been too long since last visit.

:sad1: But thx for replying.

I can wait til later in year...Much more availability but honestly, it's been too long since last visit.
Studios book up fast. They are generally the first to go. Some resorts they are gone at 11 months almost all year long. For studios it is best to book home resort at 11 months then at 7 months attempt to switch.

Studios book up fast. They are generally the first to go. Some resorts they are gone at 11 months almost all year long. For studios it is best to book home resort at 11 months then at 7 months attempt to switch.

Thx. Doing so going forward now. But my resale pts DEC UY were just loaded this wk into my account. So MAY studios were gone, as you say. All set for later in yr, tho.

Question: (new OKW owner) odds of getting requested area at the 11 month mark? Do non-owners get the HH option when booking?

Question: (new OKW owner) odds of getting requested area at the 11 month mark? Do non-owners get the HH option when booking?
HH must be booked with points (though the number of points is the same). The sooner you put in your requested area the better the chance of getting it. With that said, as long as you can get them in by the 30 day mark you should have a high probability of having your requests met!

Hello

Where can I find the pool activity schedule for December please?

Also, if tie - die is offered, do we have to provide a t shirt etc to do the tie die on?

Thanks!

We are staying at OKW in early feb, and I’ve noticed something odd about Olivia’s. I’ve been trying to book breakfast or brunch on Saturday morning, and the website is showing the restaurant only available for dinner. I thought this was weird so I started checking other dates, and it looks like starting Jan 2, Olivia’s is only showing dinner available on the weekends.
I’m wondering if they just haven’t loaded times for breakfast or lunch yet (which is always possible with Disney) or if there has been some sort of cut or something that Olivia’s is only serving dinner on weekends?
has anyone heard anything?

Likely a glitch, but...during my Thanksgiving Trip, on the weekend, Olivia's served Brunch, not Breakfast/Lunch. It was a different menu...so that may be what is causing your issue. Try to book Brunch instead of Breakfast.

We are staying at OKW in early feb, and I’ve noticed something odd about Olivia’s. I’ve been trying to book breakfast or brunch on Saturday morning, and the website is showing the restaurant only available for dinner. I thought this was weird so I started checking other dates, and it looks like starting Jan 2, Olivia’s is only showing dinner available on the weekends.
I’m wondering if they just haven’t loaded times for breakfast or lunch yet (which is always possible with Disney) or if there has been some sort of cut or something that Olivia’s is only serving dinner on weekends?
has anyone heard anything?
In addition to searching for Brunch, did you try searching for a specific time, e.g. 9:30 AM? The dining website has been sometimes saying No Availability for a given meal, e.g. Breakfast, but when a specific time is entered it brings up multiple options around that time.

Hi.
We arrive OKW on January 1 in a studio not HH.
Last year, we booked one bedroom, not HH, and were put in a two bedroom into the building
that when you stand in front of HH is across street to the left so not sure what that was and guessing HH booking.

I want to be close to HH or even better the first bus stop. Is it correct the first bus stop from what I remember is that when you walk to the back of HH, make a right, cross the street and walk up away from the HH is the first bus stop. Is that the Peninsular Road bus stop? If so, what building would I request to be close to that bus stop? I would also need ground floor since we have a scooter (or if it has elevators but I don't think those close building do).

Thank you so much!

Hi.
We arrive OKW on January 1 in a studio not HH.
Last year, we booked one bedroom, not HH, and were put in a two bedroom into the building
that when you stand in front of HH is across street to the left so not sure what that was and guessing HH booking.

I want to be close to HH or even better the first bus stop. Is it correct the first bus stop from what I remember is that when you walk to the back of HH, make a right, cross the street and walk up away from the HH is the first bus stop. Is that the Peninsular Road bus stop? If so, what building would I request to be close to that bus stop? I would also need ground floor since we have a scooter (or if it has elevators but I don't think those close building do).

Thank you so much!
The only buildings with elevators are 62,63 and 64. The area closest to the first bus stop, Peninsular Road is in the Near HH category, request building 23 to 26. If you can't get Near HH, 27 to 29 would be good alternatives. Be aware that these buildings have one bathroom entrance, through the master bedroom, If the unit you were in last year had a bathroom entrance through the Laundry Room, you were in one of the 60s buildings. Only buildings 30 and above have the entrance through the laundry room. I traveled for years with my Mom who was in a wheelchair for the parks, we never had a problem getting a ground floor unit at OKW. Be sure to contact Member Services, either thru calling, or chat, as soon as you have a room reservation and let them know ground floor is a requirement because of a scooter.

Last edited:
In addition to searching for Brunch, did you try searching for a specific time, e.g. 9:30 AM? The dining website has been sometimes saying No Availability for a given meal, e.g. Breakfast, but when a specific time is entered it brings up multiple options around that time.
Yes, I tried for a couple different times. The odd part is, on the restaurant page, it only lists dinner if you pick a weekend date. I’m hoping it’s just a glitch.

The only buildings with elevators are 62,63 and 64. The area closest to the first bus stop, Peninsular Road is in the Near HH category, request building 23 to 26. If you can't get Near HH, 27 to 29 would be good alternatives. Be aware that these buildings have one bathroom entrance, through the master bedroom, If the unit you wee in last year had a bathroom entrance through the Laundry Room, you were in one of the 60s buildings. Only buildings 30 and above have the entrance through the laundry room. I traveled for years with my Mom who was in a wheelchair for the parks, we never had a problem getting a ground floor unit at OKW. Be sure to contact Member Services, either thru calling, or chat, as soon as you have a room reservation and let them know ground floor is a requirement because of a scooter.

Thank you. Your post is so helpful and going to print it out tomorrow. I will have when I request this week as well as keep to see if the recommendations you gave me were given.

I have to call anyway since I arrive January 1 but has enough points to book December 31 so our room will be ready when we arrive and will also request where you told me.

Im guessing I just call DVC is that correct?

Thank you so much!

Thank you. Your post is so helpful and going to print it out tomorrow. I will have when I request this week as well as keep to see if the recommendations you gave me were given.

I have to call anyway since I arrive January 1 but has enough points to book December 31 so our room will be ready when we arrive and will also request where you told me.

Im guessing I just call DVC is that correct?

Thank you so much!
Assuming you are a DVC Member, yes, call Member Services, or see if Chat is available on the member website. Good luck, I haven't always gotten my location requests, but be sure to make ground floor the number one priority. Since at least 1/3 of OKW rooms are on the first floor, that shouldn't be a problem. Your reservation should say something like "1 Bedroom, near Hospitality" if you are in the Near HH category, if not, then you'd need to use the other suggestions for bldgs 27 to 29. If you do online check-in be sure to leave any room requests on the check-in page blank, if you use those, they will over-ride your requests made through Member Services, and the ones on the check-in page really don't apply well to OKW.

Good luck, and enjoy your trip.

Assuming you are a DVC Member, yes, call Member Services, or see if Chat is available on the member website. Good luck, I haven't always gotten my location requests, but be sure to make ground floor the number one priority. Since at least 1/3 of OKW rooms are on the first floor, that shouldn't be a problem. Your reservation should say something like "1 Bedroom, near Hospitality" if you are in the Near HH category, if not, then you'd need to use the other suggestions for bldgs 27 to 29. If you do online check-in be sure to leave any room requests on the check-in page blank, if you use those, they will over-ride your requests made through Member Services, and the ones on the check-in page really don't apply well to OKW.

Good luck, and enjoy your trip.
Fabulous, thanks!
I will try Chat or call MS.
Printing out this response too :)

Thank you!

Hi all,

We're staying at OKW for one night/day without parks. I'd like to rent bikes for the full day for the $20 price (not DVC members). I have two questions:
  1. What time do rentals open?
  2. If I rent, would we be able to bike around OKW and leave the bikes on bike racks around the resort/pool/outside our room for the day? Or is that not a thing?
Thank you

We just returned from a split stay at OKW/BWV. I have to say what an amazing time we had at OKW... everything from the rooms, the grounds, the cast members, the guests, the entertainment, it was fantastic.
Fabulous job to the cast members at this resort... you really are doing a fantastically magical job making everyone's vacation special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter