• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Thank you very much! Do I actually request Miller Road area or the actual building numbers?
Buildings 62, 63 and 64 look like they are by HH, so I cannot request those, is that correct?

Only the 3 building, 62, 63 and 64 all on Miller road, have elevators.
Buildings 30 and above have the door thru the laundry to the master bath.

Last edited:
We where there this past weekend and they are not running at all

PS. we havent stayed at OKW in a few years. was our goto bc of the size of the 2br Villas. but our villa looked a little run down and Dated hope they are do for a refresh soon
They had a full rehab 9 years ago.

I thought they did a rehab a few years ago or was that just a soft one?
Most hotels run on a 4-8-12 model for remodel 4 years for soft goods, 8 for soft and case goods and 12 for complete Gut renovation. Disney had talked about just going to a 6-12 plan but i dont know if they ever did that

Hi everyone. I know the boats are not running to Disney Springs right now, but are you still able to walk from OKW to DS?

Thank you very much! Do I actually request Miller Road area or the actual building numbers?
Buildings 62, 63 and 64 look like they are by HH, so I cannot request those, is that correct?

Hi. Can anyone please let me know regarding above.

Thank you

Hi. Can anyone please let me know regarding above.

Thank you
Buildings 62, 63 and 64 are not part of the near HH booking category. But they are often held for people that let Member Services or Disney know they have ambulatory issues, but do not require fully Handicap accessible rooms, as they are the only buildings with elevators. You can certainly request them, if you don't have a Near HH category room booking. But like all requests, they are only requests and are not guaranteed.

How far is the walk to Disney Springs? Staying at OKW for the first time with my husband, daughter, and grandsons aged 4 1/2 and 21 months, so a stroller will be involved. Wondering if it would be easier to drive.

How far is the walk to Disney Springs? Staying at OKW for the first time with my husband, daughter, and grandsons aged 4 1/2 and 21 months, so a stroller will be involved. Wondering if it would be easier to drive.
The path to DS from OKW is only walkable during daylight since it isn't lit at night. It's about a mile long and you'll need to walk around the Cirque building to enter through the parking garage for screening.

The path to DS from OKW is only walkable during daylight since it isn't lit at night. It's about a mile long and you'll need to walk around the Cirque building to enter through the parking garage for screening.
Are you speaking about the Golf Cart Path? Pretty sure youre not allowed to walk on that during any time of day.

Just booked a July trip staying at OKW for the very first time.
Please share what to do on a no-park day.
My kids are 9 & 13.
Getting excited!! :dogdance:

Regarding the walking path, we found going around Cirque to enter you could enter with a temp check right next to Cirque on most afternoons, I think after 2:30. If we went there in the mornings we had to go through the orange parking garage for temp check on second floor. We just got back on the 6th.

We just returned home from a two week stay with no parks, no children, but we kept busy, on mornings we would walk to the springs to poke around, also the pool with the slide would keep kids busy, bike rentals to ride around, shuffle board etc. You could also pool hop over to ssr, our grand kids love that pool with the slide.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter