OKW Just Booked 2BR...need help

chip1

Proud Owner of 400 BCV Points!!
Yesterday we booked a 2br for the end of October at OKW. Our home resort is BCV, which was not available. Since we have never stayed at OKW, please tell me what requests we should make. I know requests are only requests, not guarantees. I requested non-smoking. Any other suggestions? Thanks, Pam

chip1 said:
Yesterday we booked a 2br for the end of October at OKW. Our home resort is BCV, which was not available. Since we have never stayed at OKW, please tell me what requests we should make. I know requests are only requests, not guarantees. I requested non-smoking. Any other suggestions? Thanks, Pam

My suggestion would be to request either water view or golf course view, depending on your preference. I would stay away from specific buildings.

But, we were on the 1st floor under a GV once - it was very noisy. For that reason, I will always ask for "not 1st floor" as my first request.

I agree....ask for upper floor if you don't mind the stairs. We have been under a GV a couple of times, and the hardwood floors above make it noisy in the rooms below. My preference is water view. The units across from the Miller's road bus stop have awsome views of the golf course and a pond. Our favorite is South Point in general because it is the second bus stop and means easy and fast access both in and out of the resort. Plus, the villas on the canal from South Point are beautiful! I never thought I would like being close to Hospitality House, but we were in building 13 last December and absolutely loved the fact that we could time our bus waits by watching when the bus we wanted came into the resort and leaving for the bus stop within 5 minutes knowing the bus would be along in a few minutes, since HH is the last stop. My point of all this is that in over 20 OKW stays, we have never had a bad one. I would say just go with the non-smoking and you will be fine.

I knew if I asked, you'd answer!! Thanks. We are not dependent on a bus as we will have a rental car. I will put in the request for a 2nd floor. What about being close to the pool. What would that request be?

I have had good and bad luck with the near a pool request. The first time we got building 56 which I absolutely love, then we got one of the ones near the turtle pond pool - only had one problem - it was being redone so had no water. My three requests are always NS, upper floor and near a pool. So far have only had the waterless pool once and a ground floor once so feel very lucky for that out of 7 trips to OKW. Did get a GV that was designated smoking but it had been scrubbed from top to botttom and "desmoked" according to the CM at check in - Got in it at 8 am on DEC 28 which made up for it being a smoking unit and once the windows were opened for awhile to kill the desmoking smell it was great- the pool was right under the balcony. If you get lucky they will have a couple of units to pick from when you check in but it never hurts to put in the request ahead of time.

We are usually 1st floor because of our wheelchair kid and it can get very noisy!!!

I hope you do get an upper level room. Other than that, everywhere we've stayed has had its own charm - no matter where!

I just love OKW - - - and like Diane - have learned just how great it is to be by HH - - -Diane we were in 1313 once and loved it! Of course, my favorite Tribe player was number 13!

GO TRIBE!

Sue

SueOKW said:
We are usually 1st floor because of our wheelchair kid and it can get very noisy!!!

I hope you do get an upper level room. Other than that, everywhere we've stayed has had its own charm - no matter where!

I just love OKW - - - and like Diane - have learned just how great it is to be by HH - - -Diane we were in 1313 once and loved it! Of course, my favorite Tribe player was number 13!

GO TRIBE!

Sue
LOL, Sue! We'll root for your Tribe this year in hopes that you can successfully take on the Yanks or Red Sox! I'm not so sure you guys can't overtake the White Sox yet! We creamed the pale hose good today with Santana! ;)

As to being near HH, I wouldn't say it was my all time favorite spot, but it was convenient! I think our favorite is building 55 right on the canal and near the South Point pool and bus stop. My least favorite was ground floor in building 29 under a GV.

Chip 1, I would never drive to the parks except for AK. It takes too long.

Yes, thanks for beating them!!! Aug 1 we were 15 games behind the sox - - right now we are 4!!!!! Going to the game tonight!

Bldg 55 - - I've asked for that for the next trip.

We have 45 once - that was very nice too!!!

OP - be sure to tell us where you end up!

I stayed in bldg. 48 this summer--in a grande villa ;) , and I loved it! I have also been in bldg. 23, 64, and 16 and loved those, too. I did NOT love our stay in 11-14, due to the vegetation. They were so closed-in, I had panic attacks! I am claustrophobic, so now I specifically request open view to avoid that problem. If you don't mind having the forest right up to your balcony, it is a convenient location. :umbrella:

Cruelladeville said:
I stayed in bldg. 48 this summer--in a grande villa ;) , and I loved it! I have also been in bldg. 23, 64, and 16 and loved those, too. I did NOT love our stay in 11-14, due to the vegetation. They were so closed-in, I had panic attacks! I am claustrophobic, so now I specifically request open view to avoid that problem. If you don't mind having the forest right up to your balcony, it is a convenient location. :umbrella:
Building 13 was not hemmed in last December. Maybe they did some trimming. Building 29 is very enclosed with vegetation too.

We love buildings 45 and 46 because of their beautiful view of Trumbo Canal. Looking across the canal you see a forest of trees--just beautiful and restful. You can watch the boats going back and forth from Downtown Disney and wave to all the people.

Another 'Go TRIBE!!' person here!!!! I was born and raised in Cleveland and my Dad was a sport's writer for the Plain Dealer. I'm never happier than I am when the Tribe beats the Yankees!!!!

I agree that bldgs. 45 & 46 are great. We liked to watch the boats go by on the canal and we had lots and lots of ducks. However, my favorite was bldg 27. Very close to the bus stop and a short walk to the HH and main pool. We had a beautiful golf course view too. We like OKW. Hope you enjoy it!

Thanks...On Monday I am going to call and put in the requests you suggested. I appreciate all the help. We are looking forward to seeing another vacation club property.

Actually, they don't allow us to call the resort any more. The requests need to be made through member services.

Diane,
Thanks. I meant that I would call MS on Monday. Thanks for clarifying that for anyone else that would be reading. Again, thanks for all the suggestions, Pam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter