OKW GV - any first floor?

Candace

DIS Veteran
I have stayed in one GV that was accessible which was on the first level, but the others were up one level, starting on 2nd floor. One member of our party will be 7 months pregnant at the time. We are not staying in Hospitality House category. Thanks for any info.

Although I've never stayed in a GV, I'm thinking that the one in building 15 is on the first floor. Can anyone else confirm or deny that? If so, I highly recommend the location. Close enough to the main pool to be convenient, but far enough away to be quiet. Great golf views also!

Only one is on the first floor, but the second floor bedrooms are not accessible. It over by the south point area.

There are only two GV in HH category, and they are both in #25. Can't remember if there are any in the elevator bldgs. Still only accessible for the master, and not the second floor bedrooms.

The only first floor GV is the HA one in building 48. There are also 2 GVs in building 63 that will have elevator access, but one of those is also HA. I'm old now, but I don't ever recall being 7 months pregnant making me feel like I needed a handicapped accessible unit. I was able to walk up one floor easily well into my 9th month, and I had a 10 and a half pound baby the last time. I'm quite sure the inconvenience of the low counters, and handicapped showers and lack of a tub would be far worse than walking up one flight of stairs. Also, unless you plan to give the master suite to the pregnant one, they will still have to walk upstairs inside the unit to the other bedrooms.

I am sure that you are just trying to be considerate, but unkess there is some other health issue, being 7 months pregnant would present no problem in climbing a flight of stairs to the villa. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter