OKW direct

TheJLiz

Earning My Ears
Thinking of buying OKW direct, 75 pts to get all perks. Thoughts on being an owner there. I know that with a direct purchase I will have an extended contract til 2057. I already own a subsidized resale contract @Aulani.

OKW is a great resort with larger than the average villas. As far as purchasing direct for the perks, you want to make sure the extra cost of purchasing direct versus resale is going to save you enough money to offset the extra costs of purchasing OKW direct. Obviously I'm a big believer of the secondary market. extended deed OKW contracts on the resale market are somewhat rare but they are out there.

I was thinking the same. I like direct for ability at new resorts but price is hard to swallow for old resorts. Trying to match uy on resale I'm finding to be difficult as I want loc uy and price. I will keep looking . I'm on wait list for days direct hoping I can find resale match first

I would also like to have 11 month access to DW. I’ve searched for small contracts and they are around $120 pp for an extended OKW contract. Direct price is about $151.

I would also like to have 11 month access to DW. I’ve searched for small contracts and they are around $120 pp for an extended OKW contract. Direct price is about $151.

Yes small contracts, under 100 points bring a premium and buying direct makes sense for some. Which benefits are you most interested in? We have bought resale and direct. Resale is easier on finances take a few months and a little worrying if it will pass ROFR. Buying direct is quick, costs more, no looking for the right contract, points in your account in a day or two. OKW should not be a long waitlist direct.

What is your UY? Direct is now 156.

I did some rough math previously around AKL direct vs. resale. The only perk that will really earn back the money you spend on direct is the discounted AP and/or the ability to buy a gold AP.

The cost difference between a Platinum AP and a Gold AP is about $250.

For your situation, to make up the $36pp, or $2700, you would need to purchase about 11 Gold Annual Passes. For a family of 4 or 5, that is probably a very reasonable expectation. Not sure for others.

Also, we have to remember, that AP discount could disappear at anytime.

Yes small contracts, under 100 points bring a premium and buying direct makes sense for some. Which benefits are you most interested in? We have bought resale and direct. Resale is easier on finances take a few months and a little worrying if it will pass ROFR. Buying direct is quick, costs more, no looking for the right contract, points in your account in a day or two. OKW should not be a long waitlist direct.

We are most interested in having the ability to go on the member cruise. Having access to a gold annual pass is a great benefit. Also the special member events.

Great resort, large rooms.
Olivia's is one of the most underrated restaurants on property.
Boat access to Disney Springs is nice.

I wouldn't buy direct; I don't think the perks are worth the premium.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter