OKW booking and MDE

elainaandsophia

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I just booked OKW for october 2017. I know, I know, Seems like years away. Just wondering when i can add my booking to MDE. I think I read somewhere that you cannot add it as soon as other resorts as its a DVC resort or something. This will drive me crazy as i need to plan to pass all these months while I wait. :rotfl2:

I just booked OKW for october 2017. I know, I know, Seems like years away. Just wondering when i can add my booking to MDE. I think I read somewhere that you cannot add it as soon as other resorts as its a DVC resort or something. This will drive me crazy as i need to plan to pass all these months while I wait.

It won't link until you're 11 months out or so.

I booked OKW for october 2015 when the deal was released (end of april 2014) and the booking only linked early december 2014.
you can expect to have to wait that much too.

you need to wait for the rooms to be populated in the DVC system and that happens 11 months out.

Also this year you won't have a confirmed booking until 11 months out. Once Disney confirm the booking it should be able to be added to MDE so you are looking at November before you can link it.

Also this year you won't have a confirmed booking until 11 months out. Once Disney confirm the booking it should be able to be added to MDE so you are looking at November before you can link it.

When you say i wont have a confirmed booking. Does this mean that something can change in the meantime and my booking might have to be cancelled???:sad2:

When you say i wont have a confirmed booking. Does this mean that something can change in the meantime and my booking might have to be cancelled???:sad2:

There *should* be no problem

But be aware of this FAQ from WDTC UK

http://www.disneyholidays.co.uk/walt-disney-world/faq/bookings/

What does it mean if I pre-register for a hotel?
Pre-registration is on offer for those Disney Deluxe Villa Resort hotels where we are unable to confirm your reservation until 11 months from your check out date. You are able to place a pre-registration for a room in resort which will be converted into a confirmed booking from within 11 months of the proposed check out date if the room is available.

Do I have to pay for pre-registration?
At the time of pre-registering for your holiday, you will pay the deposit as normal. Which will be deducted from the balance of your holiday if the booking is later confirmed. Should you wish to cancel your holiday prior to your booking being confirmed, in this instance your deposit will be fully refunded.

What if my pre-registration room does not become available?
Our Disney experts will be in contact to discuss alternative options. Should you wish to cancel your holiday in this instance, your deposit will be fully refunded.

There *should* be no problem

But be aware of this FAQ from WDTC UK

http://www.disneyholidays.co.uk/walt-disney-world/faq/bookings/

Thank you for your reply. I wonder if there is no room available and I dont want to cancel what would happen. We are a family of 7 and so cant stay anywhere. I wonder would we have to pay extra if the only other option was to upgrade. Im just curious because the next price up from OKW was over €21,000. :scared1:

Thank you for your reply. I wonder if there is no room available and I dont want to cancel what would happen. We are a family of 7 and so cant stay anywhere. I wonder would we have to pay extra if the only other option was to upgrade. Im just curious because the next price up from OKW was over €21,000. :scared1:

Let's say that Disney just want to cover their backs.
there is little chance that anything like this happens. The system has been working that way ever since free dining at OKW/SSR existed.
It just didn't say its name before, but DVC system will not allow anyone to book more than 11 months out.
So all of these previous years, we did pre-register, even if we weren't aware of this. And many here have actually had their booking confirmed and honored.

I wouldn't worry too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter