OKW availibilty help please

goofydad621

DIS Veteran
Hi All
So we are in the process of buying a contract for OKW, we have just passed the ROFR from disney on Tuesday 6/4 and are waitong for the closing process. As close as I can tell it may be 4 to 6 weeks before i have access to our points. Will it be a problem to get a 1 or 2 bedroom for late Januaury after the 7 month window opens?

Thanks
Goofydad621

I booked BWV 1 bedroom Boardwalk view the week after Thanksgiving 2012 for a late Jan/early Feb 2013 trip. When I was looking there looked to be availability at most of the WDW resorts (I think BLT was missing a few of my days), I think you should be okay for OKW that time of year.

I agree with gladdiola - you should not have a problem getting a 2 bedroom at OKW for late January.

It's very unlikely that the end of January will fill up right at the 7 month window and you should be in the system by the time the 7 month window opens or at least shortly thereafter.

Congratulations and welcome home!

Thank you both

We are very excited I had toured OKW when it was still known as the Disney vacation club and have wanted to buy in since, we almost bought VWL we were ready to pass papers disney had our deposit and my DW got laid off the day we were suppose to close. We are finally in the position to buy and very happy to be members

thanks again for the info and the welcome
Dave

You should be OK with securing that OKW ressie for Jan. Usually within 7 mos window, OKW is fairly easy to get except for really busy DVC times.

As long as you aren't looking for marathon time, you should be okay. OKW tends to be very popular for marathon time.

Just wanted to say congratulations and Welcome Home!!! You'll love OKW:) January shouldn't be too much a problem to secure inside the 7 month window. Good luck!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter