OKW 2 Bdrm or SSR Treehouse?

seasalt81

Mouseketeer
We are looking for just one night before a cruise in September for 4 adults and one child. There's availability for either a 2 bedroom at OKW or a Treehouse villa at SSR. We haven't stayed in either... which would you say is nicer/more comfortable?

We'll have a rental car and are prioritizing social distancing. No indoor dining. We'll probably get takeout and eat in the villa. We might do breakfast outside at Olivia's either way (assuming outdoor dining is always an option there?).

It depends on whether you want 2 bedrooms or 3 bedrooms.

For one night, I'd save the points and book OKW.

I would go with OKW. You get a king in the master and a very large living room. The child can sleep on the pull out chair or sofa bed.

If you are interested in a tree house stay someday in the future, this may be a good way to try it out without having to commit to a full week. They have three bedrooms which is nice, but overall they will feel more cramped than the okw two bedroom which is huge and very spacious.
If the four adults are two couples, both options with work equally well. If the four adults each need their own bed, one might end up on a bunk bed in the tree house which may not be the best.

I would go with OKW. You get a king in the master and a very large living room. The child can sleep on the pull out chair or sofa bed.
Why would the child sleep there? The OP said 2 bedroom. I would put the parents and child in the second bedroom with two queen beds. Other couple in the master. Nobody in the living room by themselves (unless one of them snores like Mrs. Ally :rolleyes1 ).

The THV would have 2 queen bedrooms and one bedroom with bunk beds. The 2 bedroom would have a king bedroom and a bedroom with 2 queen beds. I’m all about comfort and would take the 2 bedroom. I really wish the THV would have a king size bed.

Thank you all! We're going to go with the OKW 2 bedroom. It does sound more comfortable and spacious but will still give us the distancing we're looking for with outside entrances, etc.

Can anyone tell me if Olivia's offers outside dining all the time or only at certain times? (I've heard GFC, for example, doesn't offer it at dinner and it's hit or miss for breakfast and lunch.)

We have eaten both breakfast and lunch outside at Olivias. We also order Giordonos delivered to our building to enjoy on the patio.

Thank you all! We're going to go with the OKW 2 bedroom. It does sound more comfortable and spacious but will still give us the distancing we're looking for with outside entrances, etc.

Can anyone tell me if Olivia's offers outside dining all the time or only at certain times? (I've heard GFC, for example, doesn't offer it at dinner and it's hit or miss for breakfast and lunch.)
I believe they offer it all the time, besides bad weather. You can also order the food to go, eat it at the picnic tables, pool or back in your villa. You can order take out food a little bit later from the Gurgling Suitcase than you can from Olivia’s for some unknown reason.

Last edited:
If you love peace and quiet (maybe a boat horn or two) the treehouse villas are really nice. Yes they're far from stuff (we used our car and disney bus/boat) but our family of 5 had a great time. I'd stay there again!

I'm currently staying in the THV. We did have a week in a 2 bedroom OKW and switched at the last minute. I am so happy we did. Our party has 2 couples and 2 adult children who love the bunk beds! It's actually funny watching them debate who gets the top bunk. Anyway, we are very socially distanced, have a nice rental car, and could not be happier staying in the treehouses.

We honestly love them so much we are seriously considering adding SSR points! The only thing I would change is to make the primary bedroom a king bed and add a loveseat type couch for a bit more family room seating.

No boat horns to hear since they are not running at the current time!

I'm currently staying in the THV. We did have a week in a 2 bedroom OKW and switched at the last minute. I am so happy we did. Our party has 2 couples and 2 adult children who love the bunk beds! It's actually funny watching them debate who gets the top bunk. Anyway, we are very socially distanced, have a nice rental car, and could not be happier staying in the treehouses.

We honestly love them so much we are seriously considering adding SSR points! The only thing I would change is to make the primary bedroom a king bed and add a loveseat type couch for a bit more family room seating.

No boat horns to hear since they are not running at the current time!

This is great feedback, thanks! Are the THV in good shape in terms of the furnishings? It seems like it'd be great for social distancing!

The furniture has probably seen better days, but it's suitable and functional. Beds are comfortable and the place is clean. It might be a false sense of security, but it is really nice to come home to our own place after a day at the parks. I know you are staying for one night, but my guess is you'll wish it was longer after you arrive.

I also want to add, that I LOVE OKW too. That is our home resort. In times like we are having now in the world, being a bit separate is worth it!

This is a good discussion topic to read. I’ve never been in either, but we want to do the THV in 2023. There’s some personal preference coming in to play for just how the bedrooms are laid out in both. OKW has the interior space advantage. But if you look at our planned party, I think the bedroom layout in THV makes more sense for us:
  • Me and Wife – Master BR
  • Married son and wife – Other queen BR
  • 2 single teen daughters – Bunkbed bedroom
  • 2 single sons – Living room

We could do an OKW (or SSR) 2 bedroom, but then we’d have either split up the married son/wife and put girls in the bedroom, boys in the living room. OTOH, me and wife could share the 2nd bedroom with the single daughters and give married son/wife the master bedroom. But I’m not willing to give up the master bedroom, because this stay is on our dime.

So because of our party, and also because everyone just wants to have the THV experience, we plan to stay there on that trip.

We loved the THVs for a big group - however I won't ever stay there without a car. The double bus ride at the end of the day was too much.

For one night, I'd go with whichever is less points. That's likely OKW. We would have no issues staying there again.

a 7 night stay in 'summer'
OKW 269 points
THV 329
Size OKW 1410 sq ft
THV 1074 sq ft
To me OKW wins hands down.
You will have a great unit with either, have a great trip.

July 2021: Took time to check out the two bedroom at OKW. Loved it. We own at GF but would love to stay here in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter