okay where to go for a character dinner!!

anita36

Mouseketeer
I was going to do Mickeys BBQ but am having doubts.

my girls are 5 1/2 and 9

give me some insights on the dinner shows..

we have done the breakfast thing already and now want the dinner/show..

to many choices for me to make!!

Most of the character dinners are not "shows." They are just dinner versions of character breakfasts, where the characters visit each table in the restaurant and everyone gets hugs and photo time. In fact, I think that Mickey's Backyard BBQ is the only show that has actual characters.

Hoop-dee-doo Revue is a favorite for lots of folks, but it sells out early sometimes. This show takes PS's up to two years in advance! If you want to go there, call there now! It's really silly, hokey, family humor, and we thought it was funny and the food was great. There's a lot of audience involvement and they make a big deal about anniversaries, birthdays, etc. I'm not sure it's worth the $$, but lots of people will disagree and go every time they are at WDW.

Have you been to Chef Mickey's at CR? It has more of a "party" atmosphere, with music playing and napkins swinging every so often. A lot of folks like the Liberty Tree Tavern Character Dinner at MK, and we hope to try it next time we are there.

When our girls were younger, we chose the character meals strictly by who they wanted to hug the most!

:) good luck!

My family enjoys Chef Mickey's for dinner. We have boys, ages 5and 9. I think if we had girls, I'd try to push 1900 Park Fare. They want nothing of it, unfortunately! :rolleyes:

Chef Mickey's has become our first night tradition. The food is good (not great, but good) but the atmosphere is so fun!! Gets us into the Disney mood!

Hoop Dee Doo gets much better reviews than Mickey's BBQ.
I would suggest Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace or 1900 Park Fare for character dinners.

One word of WARNING about 1900 Park Fare- many have posted that sometimes the CM dinner has the Villians instead of Cinderella or Mary Poppins. The Villians are very scary to some children.

There are no longer any Villian character meals at WDW. 1900 Park Fare always is Cinderella's Gala Feast at dinnertime. You can expect to see Cinderella, the Prince, the Fairy Godmother, and Suzy and Perla (the mice). It's a lovely meal.

Seconding that the Villains are not anywhere on property at meals anymore. 1900 Park Fare is a fun meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter