• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Okay, we have 1 nite out w/out the kids, where to go?

dts718

Mouseketeer
We've been debating between Jiko's and Flying Fish and now we've added some others to the list: Palio's and cinderella's royal table (do they serve wine there?). These are some of the restaurants we've never been to and have heard very good things about. At first Jiko's was our choice, but when we thought about how far away it is from WL we felt it might be too much of a hassle to get to, plus we thought it would be more fun to be within walking distance to a park so we could do that after dinner. Any thoughts, suggestions? We'd like a place that is sophisticated and has an adult feel with excellant food and a nice wine list.
Thanks guys!

We love the California Grill and are going there for our anniversary. MIL is going to watch DD. :)

California Grille is a great choice if you are at WL, it's a short boat ride from WL to CR. CG itself is wonderful, great view, terrific food and top-notch service.

My personal favorite would be Shula's great food and service, very expensive and not a lot of kids.

California Grill is great!! Amazing view of MK and Wishes, wonderful food... I'll be eating there again in only 9 days and I can't wait!

:p

The California Grill is great for an anniversary. You could monorail to the park afterwards if you wish.

You can't go wrong with the Flying Fish either and walk to Epcot.

In response to your other question, there is no alcohol anywhere in the Magic Kingdom. So no wine at CRT.

I would also suggest CG. It can be somewhat crowded and a little loud at times, but the food, service, and view are excellent.

Jiko is our favorite restaurant at WDW and has the most unique wine list there, since it is all South African wines.

However, if you really want to be near a park, CG and Yachtsman Steakhouse also both have great food and great wine lists (ask for the reserve lists at both places) and are close by MK and Epcot, respectively.

I vote for California Grill - My husband and I have celebrated many anniv., birthdays, and our daughter's high school grad there. The food is always wonderful, the atmosphere terrific, and the view overwhelming!

I love Artist Point. Have you eaten there before? I got the wine flight with my meal. About 4 ounces of a different wine with each course. It was terrific. Great steak. Can't wait to go back.

CG can be a little noisy in my experience. You will have to decide whether that will detract from your romantic evening. Palio is said to have strolling musicians. I've always thought it would be romantic to dine there. I've read good things about the food. If you can do without wine at dinner, CRT was lovely and I enjoyed the food more than Jiko or CG. Jiko is fairly quiet and the food is good.

We really enjoy the Kona Cafe. In fact the last time DH & I had a night out alone in WDW we ate there. It is one of our favorites. We have eaten there quite a few times in the past few years and have always found the food, service and atmosphere to be wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter