Okay, now I am bummed.....

SpideyHulk24

Secretly has the hots for Jennifer Garner and love
I had read on another thread that someone called reservations at Universal and was told that there was the possibility that there would be NO Entertainment rates in 2004. Of course, I thought "This has got to be a mistake, no way..." So I called reservations. I spoke with 4 different agents and each one said the same thing. They said that they could not confirm it because it's NOT definite, but that there was a rumor that the only discount that would not return next year was entertainment. They will however offer APH rates and fan club.

The agents were really nice and said that there is still the chance that they will have it, but just the thought that they may not, really upsets me. I am glad that I am an APH and have the fan club just in case, but I bought the book specifically for that benefit.

We'll just have to wait and see........:(

I'm trying to stay positive, too! When I called today to add 2 rooms (Fla friends are joining us) for MLK weekend I was told there was "plenty of rooms available". She also said she expected to see discount rates by the end of November "at the latest". She did have rates that were lower than rack and AAA. Maybe the question of whether or not they will continue to offer Ent rates at all is what's holding up all the discounts- I still need these rooms, but would sure like to get a rate like last trip - sounds like the time of year may become an even more important consideration than before (if based on occupancy)- fingers crossed!

I also have the other back-ups to fall back on but it would make me angry if I bought the book and they stopped excepting it.They are starting to sound like Disney with cutting off the discounts.The one time visitors are not the one's who are using the discounts . We need the discounts because of how many times we go.It's our way to save so we can go more often.
tiggerguy2000

Even though I considered myself to be a Disney addict, I finally decided to try USO this past August and had a great time. We just got back from a second visit to USO last week. We have plans to go in March and August 2004, and I was counting on the ENT rates! I sure hope they decide to have them.

I hope Loews decides what they are going to do soon! We have our airfare booked and are going on a Disney cruise in March 2004. We had planned to stay onsite at USO for a couple days pre-cruise. I can't stand this waiting much longer!!

:crazy: :earseek: :wave2: :tongue:

I agree. I guess we all just need to stay positive until we truly find out.

I wonder why they chose to list thier hotels in the 2004 Entertainment book if they had no intention of offering the rates. I'm thinking they are playing the waiting game for next year to see how their bookings look before releasing anything. Maybe they will only offer the discounts for limited dates.

I just wanted to mention that the Fan Club rates may not come our far before travel but when they do, lately they have been deep discounts. The AP rates have also been quite good. AP and Fan Club rates since March have been as low as $109 for RPR and $129.00 for HRH and $149.00 Portofino. Although you may have to wait till they are released they are great rates.

How much lower are the ER's?
Hope something good happens for all that have been playing the waiting game!:D

Wow...yuck!! That would be terrible! My mom bought the Entertainment Book JUST for the onsite hotels. If this proves to be true then...what a waste of money we spent on the book!! :( We don't get use out of the other coupons...not enough to make it worth it, at least. If we lose Entertainment Rate, I may not ever get to stay onsite again...well, never for more than one night because it's sooo expensive.

Well, let's wait and see...*crosses fingers*

U may find they offer better discounts with APH or fan club next year rather than entertainment to work hand in hand with Universal increasing both their business:D

Well Spidey that is a bummer!! I nearly bought that entertainment book too and the offer gave you a 10% discount if you subscribed for 2 years.....the only reason I didn't in the end go for it was for the reason I wasn't sure when I would be able to save enough to go. Therefore, may waste the book by not using all of it. Hey...wasn't it you that told me to buy the book?!!!:p Anway, I'm sure you will not be alone in this one.....I have a feeling there will be many bumming with you.

Well, I have to agree with Jess. Why list them if you are not going to offer them. I hope it turns out to be untrue!!!!

I admit, I originally bought the entertainment book a few years ago for the HRH discount. However I found the local coupons useful.
Last March, I originally book RPR using the Entertainment Book rate, but changed to Fan Club rate because the discount was actually better. Still I still easily got 10X of the purchase price in saving on other things this year. Now I will reorder the entertainment book this year and not care if I use it for Univeral Hotel. So if you bought the book just for this Hotel discount, crack it open, you may find more than you bargined for.

Dad of 3

I definitely use the coupons. The book already paid for itself, but I really wanted to use it for the Universal Hotels too!:D

Earlier in the year Holiday Inn family Suites stated that they were no longer giving the Entertainment rate...something about a problem with the contract etc etc...anyway they are now giving ET discounts..it started again earlier this month.

I just wonder if something is going on behind the scenes with many of these hotels...perhaps thats why they keep giving different stories as to when the discount will be available.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed they iron out any problems and GIVE BACK the discount! :(

I really hope it turns out to be that. I would rather have the discount later, than not at all!

Spidey.. are you saying you would cancel your trip if there was no entertainment rate? :eek:

>>^..^<<

Cass- Now you know me better than that!!!! No way!!!!!

I would just have to make my trip shorter!!!!

Thank goodness as I was ready to come down there and smack you. :p

Another alternative would be to go into debt or skip Christmas presents this year. (well at least cut down):rolleyes:

>>^..^<<

Hey, I never thought of that! Thanks Cass.......;)

Or I could not eat until next summer!!!!!!:p

Then I could wear my speedos..... TOTALLY KIDDING!!!!!!! :p

Originally posted by SpideyHulk24

Then I could wear my speedos

speedos?? plural? what, you wear 3 pairs at a time? LOL

Seriously - make a deal with your wife, only gifts for kids.. nothing for each other and thats your money if you have to pay a non-discount rate. Then have a nce trip for the "full time"..none of this shortened trip business, sheesh :rolleyes:

Cass...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter