Okay, I need more help!

keahgirl8

DIS Veteran
I appreciate y'all being so patient and helpful! I am still trying to figure out what the heck I want to get! I am very much a newbie at the digital camera thing. I love taking pictures and I'd like to turn this into a hobby. I want something easy to use, but I want it to take nice pictures. I'd like to spend around $200. Any help? Thanks again!

I'd pick up the Canon A520. It's $200 at Best Buy, and it's a generation newer than the A75 model (I have the A80 from 2003). It's a great camera that builds on the A75/65 series cameras. Here's a link to the conclusion page of a professional review of the A520: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canona520/page9.asp
You can read the rest of the review at that site and then compare it to other cameras in that range...

I just got the A520 and love it. Very easy to take quick snapshots, but with all the flexibility to take more "serious" pictures if you want. I liked it a little more than similar models from Nikon, Kodak etc. but I honestly think you would be happy with anything in this genre.

However, if you are looking at cost, be sure to factor in the cost of a memory card (~$30-60) and recharable batteries (another $30). So while I got the camera for ~$180, total cost was over your $200 budget.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter